The Rasmus - Italian Community

The Rasmus interviews at Toazted (NL) - 2004, 2005

« Older   Newer »
view post Posted on 12/3/2015, 17:30

"Say it again if you want to depress me, say it again go ahead I feel nothing !!"

Group:
North Pole (Caribbean Islands on Christmas time)

band

Su youtube hanno postato il riassunto di un'intervista del sito olandese Toazted del 2004: Part 1, Part 2, Part 3. (new link)
Il transcript è QUI. Le interviste complete sono QUI.

Part 1.

CITAZIONE
Lauri: "Hello, this is Lauri, I'm the singer of The Rasmus."
Aki: "And my name is Aki. I play drums."

I: "OK. I heard you had a really busy day today."
Lauri: "Yeah, it's actually busy life nowdays, yes, it's very busy. I just told them, the last journalist that last year we spent maybe 200 days away from home, like in the bus, feels like I'm kind of living in the Tourbus right now."
Aki: "It's useless to have flats in Finland, in Helsinki, so I think we need to sell those and just buy one of those buses."

I: "But you don't forget your fans in Finland now, 'cause you're so much in Europe."
Lauri: "Well, unfortunately we can't play that much in Finland anymore, because we have so much to do elsewhere, but... Actually the Finnish fans they're coming to see us wherever we go, it's just Great !!"
Aki: "And we also play two shows in Finland, was it last, not last week... Yeah, it was last week... I don't know !!"

I: "And you're really good out of track because you're everywhere now."
Aki: "Yeah, that's true."

I: "And tonight here in the Mellburg, in Amsterdam, it's sold out. How do you feel about it ?"
Aki: "Feels baaaad !! No, it feels so good, you know, it's, I think it's second gig in Holland, I'm waiting to play on the stage, and it will be great."
Lauri: "Ok, you know better, because I just wake up in the morning in the bus in different countries, it's like, woah..."

I: "Don't you think that it's a shame that you're so, very short in the countries ?"
Lauri: "Well, yeah, that's a shame, because, you know, my friends, they call me and, 'Where are you ?' and 'Well, I'm in Italy.' Woah, sound so great. But the fact is that everyday we do a lot of interviews, you know, sometimes 15 interviews in a row in one day. And then go to do the soundcheck, then on the stage, and then... You're quite tired after the show, you know, it's a long day, always. But we try to go out as much as possible like last night, was quite late night, but it's..."
I: "In Belgium ?"
Lauri: "Yeah, in Belgium, last night."
Aki: "And we also were in Paris, and we went to the Eiffel Tower. It was nice, I was so afraid, you know, we took the top level, the top floor, and it was awful, yeah. I am afraid a lot of high."

I: "Hello, let's go to the band. I show on the "Buy on the Shy" that you're called energetic rum, bunch you and powerful gigs."
Lauri: "I think we have powerful music, I think we have quite big songs, in a way. And especially when we play live it's very energetic, we try to be in touch with the audience as much as possible... And that's why it's cool to play in the smaller places like this, in a way, was like 600 people; and you get really close to the audience, and you can jump in the audience, or do whatever you feel like."

I: "You rather do the small places than bigger concerts ?"
Lauri: "Well, we like to do every kind of concerts. Sometimes it's very cool to play big Festival, but sometimes it's very nice to play in front of few hundred people."

I: "You can't believe that people are standing outside, wait too much hours before the concert going the start ?"
Lauri: "Well, I think it's kind of strange, because they have the tickets, you know, they get inside anyway."

Part 2.
CITAZIONE
I: "Your career of the Finnish music scene was that, it was really awful. You wanted to change it. How are you planning on doing that ?"
Lauri: "I think, when we started, 10 years ago, there wasn't much music going on in Finland, you know. Basically just some artists who were singing in Finnish, and there were no other many bands who like to go out of Finland. So I think there has been a lot of changes during the last ten years, there has been many good bands, you might know like HIM, or Nightwish, or Stradivarious, and many great bands, Amorphis... I think people have more courage now to try to make it happen outside of Finland as well."

I: "It really took long to get to Europe for you guys."
Lauri: "Yeah, it took quite a while. I think we have done five albums now, and we've been trying like very hard to make it happen, and now it finally paying off, a big time. It's a great feeling because now we are able to travel around the world and play in different cities, and meet different cultures, and people. It's a very exciting life at the moment."

I: "Do you know why are you now popular ? Is it because of the song In The Shadows or did you change promotion for the band ?"
Lauri: "Well, we have changed quite a lot from the beginning. When we started we used to play like a mixture of funk, metal, punk, rapping stuff. I was also rapping at that time. And... But nowdays our music is more like straight forward Rock, we call it 'Dramatic Rock'. Because it has a lot of emotions, especially the new album, it's a bit deeper than the ones before."

I: "And the new album, has, you said, 12 letters. Wasn't it hard to write a letter to a song ?"
Lauri: "Yeah, the album title, Dead Letters is, I think it's a perfect title for this album because all the songs are very personal. And these things I wanted to say to some people maybe I didn't have got to say it before, but I'm very happy that I now finally could write about these things that hurt me so bad. And I see it more like a therapistic thing now, when I go on the stage, I sing about these things, these feelings, it kind of help me to deal with them."

I: "How do you feel about the songs because not you write them. Do you have the same feelings than some guys have on songs ?"

Aki: "It's good to have like a really suits in the songs, because we play those songs every night and also we have to be, feel that Lauri's lyrics are like we have to stand behind those words. So it's important to have some meaning."

I: "You have that feeling that you would know what he is talking about ?"
Aki: "Yeah, and if I don't know I will ask Lauri. And... I know."

I: "Which one is your favourite ?"
Aki: "My favourite song ? It depends, but of course In The Shadows, is very good when we play the shows, because everybody knows the song. But I think my favourite it's Time To Burn right now because... it's Time To Burn."

Part 3.
CITAZIONE
I: "Well, now you are playing your own gigs. The first you played in the support acts for many big artists like Red Hot Chili Peppers, HIM. Which one did you like of them most, to work with, to be with ?"
Lauri: "Well, of course, Red Hot Chili Peppers support slot was, just super, because we always thought that they were like a great band, great musicians, great songs, but also very like, a tight group of guys. You know, when you see them playing on the stage these four guys kind of become a one person. It's an amazing feeling, you know, that's something we also try to do."

I: "You use these as an inspiration ?"
Lauri: "Yeah, we get a lot of influences from them. Especially in the beginning, you know, when I told you that I was rapping and we have this funk stuff going on. Actually it sounded a bit like Red Hot Chili Peppers in the beginning."

I: "And with the Red Hot Chili Peppers you also got abroad of Finland. About, the people didn't know you, at show by them. How did they react on your performance ?"
Lauri: "It's always, it's a hard place to be in front of some other bands' audience, you know, people.. But it's also a good place to be, because people don't have any expectation, so you kind of like, starting from the scratch. It's a good way to get started."

I: "In May you're also playing in Holland again, a Festival this time, how do you feel about it ?"
Lauri: "Pinkpop it's called, yes !! It's gonna be great, I think. I have no experience about the festivals here, but I think it will work out, will be fine."

I: "Also great with a lot of other famous bands and artists ?"
Lauri: "Do you know any of the other bands ?"
I: "I believe Muse is going to close it."
Lauri: "Great !! I love them, it's my favorite band. Actually I met the guys, from Muse. I did an interview with them, to one Finnish Magazine."

I: "How was that, doing an interview, about being yourself an artist ?"
Lauri: "Well, it was a great chance to me to, first of all, to meet them, and it was a nice experience to be on the other side of the microphone, for once. And I, since I love them like, from the beginning I knew so much about the band, you know, it was so great to be talking with them. It was more like a conversation, you know, we forgot the recorder, and, you know, just talked."

I: "Aki, you came later into the band, in 1999. Was it strange to come into a band which probably was already close and everything ?"
Aki: "Yeah, I joined the band in '99 and, I used to be the marchandise guys for the band. I knew the guys and there wasn't problem. But.. of course it's a strange situation to get like, all of that things going on and.. But I think it's more than four years ago, and I think I fit quite well or what.. Lauri."
Lauri: "All right !!"
Aki: "OK !!"
Lauri: "You're Great !!"
Aki: "Thanks !!"

I: "But do you, by then, when you joined them, you said you're pretty much shocked about everything else but playing the drums, so.. it was be very lucky than that you are still joined them."
Aki: "Yeah, it was nice, you know. I played in couple of Finnish bands, but it was only like a starting with them. So, this band was like, the opportunity to, like record the albums and everything and.. I think.. my life started at that moment."

I: "But don't you get a fight or something, or think about quitting because, well, so long together ?"
Lauri: "Well, we haven't thought about quitting. I think this is just the beginning for us, now, it's finally starting to happen everywhere. But of course we have arguments, and I think it's very good to have arguments. It's good to speak out, you know, it's good to have different opinions; we have four guys, you know, everybody is a different personality, and that's what makes a band."

I: "So, what can we expect for the near future ?"
Lauri: "In February we're gonna start recording the new album. Slowly we go to studio to record one, one new song and slowly start to think about the future and the next album. And at the same time we are travelling and playing gigs."

I: "Also writing during the travelling ?"
Lauri: "Yes. Actually I write on the tour almost everything because.. Some people, they have to like, take a break and sit down, play the guitar and, relax and then they get the ideas for the songs. But for me it's like the opposite, I get a lot of ideas when I'm on the tour, there's a lot of things happening all the time, it's.. an active time."

I: "Maybe more letters to write ?"
Lauri: "Yeah, I mean, I meet different people everyday and.. so much going on, it's a good source of getting new ideas for the songs."

Edited by *ICE* (The Polar Bear)™ - 26/4/2015, 12:27

Web  Top
view post Posted on 12/3/2015, 17:34

"Say it again if you want to depress me, say it again go ahead I feel nothing !!"

Group:

Post. Il Video dell'intervista completa con Lauri ed Aki. mf_bookread - L'intervista della foto al Pinkpop 2004. (Video)

(Pic)

I: "Could you first introduce yourself ?"
Lauri: "Hello, this is Lauri, I'm the singer of The Rasmus."
Aki: "And my name is Aki. I play drums."

I: "OK. I heard you had a really busy day today."
Lauri: "Yeah, it's actually busy life nowdays, yes, it's very busy. I just told them, the last journalist that last year we spent maybe 200 days away from home, like in the bus, feels like I'm kind of living in the Tourbus right now."
Aki: "It's useless to have flats in Finland, in Helsinki, so I think we need to sell those and just buy one of those buses."

I: "But you don't forget your fans in Finland now, 'cause you're so much in Europe."
Lauri: "Well, unfortunately we can't play that much in Finland anymore, because we have so much to do elsewhere, but... Actually the Finnish fans they're coming to see us wherever we go, it's just Great !!"
Aki: "And we also play two shows in Finland, was it last, not last week... Yeah, it was last week... I don't know !!"

I: "And you're really good out of track because you're everywhere now."
Aki: "Yeah, that's true."

I: "And tonight here in the Mellburg, in Amsterdam, it's sold out. How do you feel about it ?"
Aki: "Feels baaaad !! No, it feels so good, you know, it's, I think it's second gig in Holland, I'm waiting to play on the stage, and it will be great."

I: "And next week in Heindoven, it will be also a sold out show there ?"
Lauri: "Yeah, I think so, I'm like..."
I: "I know."
Lauri: "Ok, you know better, because I just wake up in the morning in the bus in different countries, it's like, woah..."

I: "Don't you think that it's a shame that you're so, very short in the countries ?"
Lauri: "Well, yeah, that's a shame, because, you know, my friends, they call me and, "Where are you ?" and "Well, I'm in Italy." Woah, sound so great. But the fact is that everyday we do a lot of interviews, you know, sometimes 15 interviews in a row in one day. And then go to do the soundcheck, then on the stage, and then... You're quite tired after the show, you know, it's a long day, always. But we try to go out as much as possible like last night, was quite late night, but it's..."
I: "In Belgium ?"
Lauri: "Yeah, in Belgium, last night."
Aki: "And we also were in Paris, and we went to the Eiffel Tower. It was nice, I was so afraid, you know, we took the top level, the top floor, and it was awful, yeah. I am afraid a lot of high."

I: "Hello, let's go to the band. I show on the "Buy on the Shy" that you're called energetic rum, bunch you and powerful gigs."
Lauri: "I think we have powerful music, I think we have quite big songs, in a way. And especially when we play live it's very energetic, we try to be in touch with the audience as much as possible... And that's why it's cool to play in the smaller places like this, in a way, was like 600 people; and you get really close to the audience, and you can jump in the audience, or do whatever you feel like."

I: "You rather do the small places than bigger concerts ?"
Lauri: "Well, we like to do every kind of concerts. Sometimes it's very cool to play big Festival, but sometimes it's very nice to play in front of few hundred people."

I: "You can't believe that people are standing outside, wait too much hours before the concert going the start ?"
Lauri: "Well, I think it's kind of strange, because they have the tickets, you know, they get inside anyway, but..."
Aki: "But I think it's, it only means good. If there is no one, so it's... then we have to talk what's wrong."

I: "Your career of the Finnish music scene was that, it was really awful. You wanted to change it. How are you planning on doing that ?"
Lauri: "I think, when we started, 10 years ago, there wasn't much music going on in Finland, you know. Basically just some artists who were singing in Finnish, and there were no other many bands who like to go out of Finland. So I think there has been a lot of changes during the last ten years, there has been many good bands, you might know like HIM, or Nightwish, or Stradivarious, and many great bands, Amorphis... I think people have more courage now to try to make it happen outside of Finland as well."

I: "But you say, you wanted to go abroad, because of the Finnish music scene. But it really took long to get to Europe for you guys."
Lauri: "Yeah, it took quite a while. I think we have done five albums now, and we've been trying like very hard to make it happen, and now it finally paying off, a big time. It's a great feeling because now we are able to travel around the world and play in different cities, and meet different cultures, and people. It's a very exciting life at the moment."

I: "Do you know why are you now popular ? Is it because of the song In The Shadows or did you change promotion for the band ?"
Lauri: "Well, we have changed quite a lot from the beginning. When we started we used to play like a mixture of funk, metal, punk, rapping stuff. I was also rapping at that time. And... But nowdays our music is more like straight forward Rock, we call it Dramatic Rock. Because it has a lot of emotions, especially the new album, it's a bit deeper than the ones before."

I: "And the new album, has, you said, 12 letters. Wasn't it hard to write a letter to a song ?"
Lauri: "Yeah, the album title, Dead Letters is, I think it's a perfect title for this album because all the songs are very personal. And these things I wanted to say to some people maybe I didn't have got to say it before, but I'm very happy that I now finally could write about these things that hurt me so bad. And I see it more like a therapistic thing now, when I go on the stage, I sing about these things, these feelings, it kind of help me to deal with them."

I: "How do you feel about the songs because not you write them. Do you have the same feelings than some guys have on songs ?"
Aki: "It's good to have like a really suits in the songs, because we play those songs every night and also we have to be, feel that Lauri's lyrics are like we have to stand behind those words. So it's important to have some meaning."

I: "You have that feeling that you would know what he is talking about ?"
Aki: "Yeah, and if I don't know I will ask Lauri. And... I know."

I: "Which one is your favourite ?"
Aki: "My favourite song ? It depends, but of course In The Shadows, is very good when we play the shows, because everybody knows the song. But I think my favourite it's Time To Burn right now because... it's Time To Burn."

I: "Well, now you are playing your own gigs, but first you played in the support act for many big artists like Red Hot Chili Peppers, HIM. Which one did you like of them most, to work with, to be with ?"
Lauri: "Well, of course, Red Hot Chili Peppers support slot was, just super, because we always thought that they were like a great band, great musicians, great songs, but also very like, a tight group of guys. You know, when you see them playing on the stage these four guys kind of become a one person. It's an amazing feeling, you know, that's something we also try to do."

I: "You use these in inspiration ?"
Lauri: "Yeah, we get a lot of influences from them. Especially in the beginning, you know, when I told you that I was rapping and we have this funk stuff going on. Actually it sounded a bit like Red Hot Chili Peppers in the beginning."

I: "And with the Red Hot Chili Peppers you also got abroad of Finland. About, the people didn't know you, at show by them. How did they react on your performance ?"
Lauri: "Well, it's... it's always, it's a hard place to be in front of some other bands' audience, you know, people... But it's also a good place to be, because people don't have any expectation, they don't know anything about you, so you kind of like, starting from the scratch, any... the show goes well, you know, some people might like it, some might hate it, but... it's a good way to get started."

I: "That was also a reason to go abroad ?"
Aki: "Just have one idea, you know. We have to be better than the real, than the main act. And that's the feeling you have to have in your mind when you are playing, that we have to beat them, and that's important."

I: "Well, in May you also play in Holland again, a Festival this time, how do you feel about it ?"
Lauri: "Pinkpop it's called, yes !! It's gonna be great, I think. I have no experience about the festivals here, but I think it will work out, will be fine."

I: "Also great with a lot of other famous bands and artists ?"
Lauri: "Do you know any of the other bands ?"
I: "I believe Muse is going to close it."
Lauri: "Great !! I love them, it's my favoutite band. Actually I met the guys, from Muse. I did an interview with them, to one of Finnish Magazine."

I: "How was that, doing an interview, about being yourself an artist ?"
Lauri: "Well, it was a great chance to me to, first of all, to meet them, and it was a nice experience to be on the other side of the microphone for once. And I, since I love them like, from the beginning I knew so much about the band, you know, it was so great to be talking with them, it was more like a conversation, you know, we forgot the recorder, and, you know, just talked."

I: "You, Aki, you came later into the band, in 1999. Was it strange to come into a band which probably was already close and everything ?"
Aki: "Yeah, I joined the band in '99 and I used to be the marchandise guys for the band. I knew the guys and there wasn't problem. But... of course it's a strange situation to get like, all of that things going on and... But I think it's more than four years ago and I think I fit quite well or what... Lauri."
Lauri: "All right !!"
Aki: "OK !!"
Lauri: "You're Great !!"
Aki: "Thanks !!"

I: "But do you, by then, when you joined them, you said you're pretty much shocked about everything else but playing the drums, so... it was be very lucky than that you are still joined them."
Aki: "Yeah, it was nice, you know, I played in couple of Finnish bands, but it was only like a starting with them, so these bands was like opportunity to, like record the albums and everything and... I think... my life started at that moment."

I: "And you're already ten years of ... a bit of smaller, of the shorter... But don't you get a fight or something, or think about quitting because, well, so long together ?"
Lauri: "Well, we haven't thought about quitting. I think this is just the beginning for us, now, it's finally starting to happen everywhere. But of course we have arguments, and I think it's very good to have arguments, it's good to speak out, you know, it's good to have different opinions, we are four guys, you know, everybody is a different personality, and that's what makes a band."

I: "And also you are popular in the States, in Japan. Isn't it different there, the music business, do you have other things to promote your stuff ?"
Lauri: "Actually we're not popular there, yet. Yeah, we gonna have to release in US, in Japan, later on this year, so, but... We've never been there, we've never played in the shows, so just wondering what it's gonna be like."

I: "Would it be exciting."
Lauri: "Yeah, it is. I actually I had a little holiday, I went to LA, and San Francisco, and went to see a lot of local bands. And all the bands sounded and looked exactly like Evanescence, it was strange, like five different groups and they were exactly like them, like woah..."

I: "So, what can we expect for the near future ?"
Lauri: "In February we're gonna start recording the new album. Slowly we go to studio to record one, one new song and slowly start to think about the future and the next album. And at the same time we are travelling and playing gigs."

I: "Also writing during the travelling ?"
Lauri: "Yes, actually I write on the tour almost everything because some people, they have to like, take a break and sit down, play the guitar, you know, relax and then they get the ideas for the songs. But for me it's like the opposite, I get a lot of ideas when I'm on the tour, there's a lot of things happening all the time, it's... an active time."

I: "Maybe more letters to write ?"
Lauri: "Yeah, I mean, I meet different people everyday and... so much going on, it's a good source of getting new ideas for the songs."

I: "OK, thank you."
Lauri: "Thank you."

Edited by *ICE* (The Polar Bear)™ - 13/3/2015, 18:42

Web  Top
view post Posted on 12/3/2015, 17:38

Group:

gif ...la traduzione... gif

I: "Potete innanzitutto presentarvi ?"
Lauri: "Ciao, sono Lauri, il cantante dei The Rasmus."
Aki: "Ed io mi chiamo Aki. Suono la batteria."

I: "Va bene. Ho saputo che oggi avete avuto una giornata molto impegnata."
Lauri: "Sì, effettivamente è una vita molto piena di questi tempi, sì, sono molto impegnato. L'ho appena accennato all'ultimo giornalista, lo scorso anno abbiamo trascorso forse 200 giorni lontani da casa, nel Tourbus, mi sembra di vivere nel Tourbus ora."
Aki: "E' inutile avere degli appartamenti in Finlandia, ad Helsinki, così credo che dovremmo venderli e comprare proprio uno di quei Tourbus."

I: "Ma ora non dimenticate i vostri fan in Finlandia, perché siete così tanto in Europa."
Lauri: "Beh, sfortunatamente non riusciamo a suonare più così tanto in Europa, perché abbiamo così tanto da fare altrove. Ma... in realtà i fan finlandesi vengono a vederci ovunque andiamo, è proprio magnifico !!"
Aki: "Ed abbiamo anche suonato due concerti in Finlandia, è successo la scorsa, non la scorsa settimana... Sì, era la scorsa settimana... Non lo so !!"

I: "E siete davvero famosi ora all'estero perché suonate ovunque."
Aki: "Sì, è vero."

I: "E stasera qui a Mellburg, ad Amsterdam, è tutto esaurito. Come vi sentite ?"
Aki: "Ci sentiamo maaaale !! No, è davvero una bella sensazione, sai, è, il secondo concerto in Olanda, non vedo l'ora di suonare sul palco, e sarà magnifico."

I: "E la prossima settimana ad Heindoven, sarà anch'esso un concerto tutto esaurito là ?"
Lauri: "Sì, credo di sì, io..."
I: "Lo so."
Lauri: "OK, lo sai meglio di me, perchè mi sveglio nel Tourbus in diversi paesi, è come, woah..."

I: "Non credete sia un peccato che restiate così poco tempo nei vari paesi ?"
Lauri: "Beh, sì, è un peccato, perché sai, i miei amici mi chiamano dicendo "Dove sei ?" ed io, "Beh, sono in Italia." Woah, suona così grande. Ma il fatto è che ogni giorno facciamo molte interviste, sai, a volte 15 interviste di fila in un giorno. E poi andiamo a fare il soundcheck, e poi sul palco, e poi... Sei piuttosto stanco dopo il concerto, sai, è una lunga giornata, sempre. Ma cerchiamo di uscire il più possibile, come ieri sera, è stata una serata in cui abbiamo fatto piuttosto tardi, ma è..."
I: "In Belgio ?"
Lauri: "Sì, in Belgio, ieri sera."
Aki: "E siamo anche stati a Parigi, e siamo andati alla Torre Eiffel. E' stato bello, ero così spaventato, sai, abbiamo prenotato una stanza all'ultimo piano, ed è stato terribile, sì. Soffro molto di vertigini."

I: "Ehi, parliamo del gruppo. Ho letto su "Buy on The Shy" che siete denominati un gruppo bizzarro, energetico e con dei concerti potenti."
Lauri: "Credo abbiamo una musica potente, credo abbiamo delle canzoni piuttosto grandi, in qualche modo. E specialmente quando suoniamo dal vivo è molto energetico, cerchiamo di essere in contatto col pubblico il più possibile... E questo è il motivo per cui è bello suonare in luoghi piccoli come questo, in qualche modo, c'erano tipo 600 persone; e sei davvero vicino al pubblico, e puoi saltare nel pubblico, o fare qualunque cosa ti senti di fare."

I: "Preferite suonare in locali piccoli piuttosto che in concerti più grandi ?"
Lauri: "Beh, ci piace fare qualsiasi tipo di concerto. A volte è bello suonare in grandi Festival, ma a volte è molto bello suonare di fronte a poche centinaia di persone."

I: "Non credi che le persone che sono in piedi là fuori, aspettano troppe ore prima che il concerto inizi ?"
Lauri: "Beh, credo sia piuttosto strano, perchè hanno i biglietti, sai, entrerebbero comunque, ma..."
Aki: "Ma credo sia, sia solo una cosa positiva. Se non ci fosse nessuno... dovremmo discutere su cosa ci sia di sbagliato."

I: "La vostra carriera nella scena musicale finlandese è stata quella, era davvero terribile. Volevate cambiarla. Come avete in programma di fare questo ?"
Lauri: "Penso che quando abbiamo iniziato, 10 anni fa, non c'era molta musica che si suonava in Finlandia, sai. In sostanza c'erano solo pochi artisti che suonavano in Finlandese, e non c'erano molti altri gruppi che volevano uscire dalla Finlandia. Così credo ci siano stati molti cambiamenti durante gli ultimi 10 anni, ci sono stati molti buoni gruppi, dovresti conoscerli come gli HIM, o i Nightwish, o gli Stradivarious, e molti grandi gruppi, gli Amorphis... Credo che la gente abbia più coraggio ora di cercare di aver successo anche fuori dalla Finlandia."

I: "Ma dite che volevate andare all'estero a causa della scena musicale finlandese. Ma è stato necessario davvero molto tempo per conquistare l'Europa per voi, ragazzi."
Lauri: "Sì, è stato necessario molto tempo. Credo che ora abbiamo fatto 5 album, ed abbiamo cercato con molto impegno di farlo accadere, ed ora finalmente ne vediamo i risultati, un grande momento. E' una magnifica sensazione perchè ora siamo in grado di viaggiare per il mondo e suonare in diverse città, e conoscere diverse culture, e persone. E' una vita molto eccitante in questo momento."

I: "Sapete perché siete ora così famosi ? E' grazie alla canzone In The Shadows o avete cambiato la promozione per il gruppo ?"
Lauri: "Beh, abbiamo cambiato abbastanza dagli inizi. Quando abbiamo iniziato eravamo soliti suonare un miscuglio di cose funk, metal, rap. Facevo del rap in quel periodo. E... oggi la nostra musica è più direttamente Rock, la chiamiamo Rock Drammatico. Perché ci sono molte emozioni, specialmente nel nuovo album, è un po' più profondo di quelli precedenti."

I: "Ed il nuovo album ha, avete detto, 12 lettere. Non è stato difficile scrivere una lettera come una canzone ?"
Lauri: "Sì, il titolo dell'album, Dead Letters, è, credo sia un titolo perfetto per questo album perché tutte le canzoni sono molto personali. E volevo dire queste cose ad alcune persone e non ho avuto la possibilità di farlo prima, ma sono molto felice di riuscire a scrivere queste cose che mi feriscono profondamente. E la vedo ora di più come una terapia, quando vado sul palco canto queste cose, questi sentimenti, mi aiuta ad affrontarli."

I: "Come senti le canzoni visto che tu non le hai scritte ? Hai le stesse sensazioni che hanno i ragazzi sulle canzoni ?"
Aki: "E' bello avere qualcosa che ci riguarda nelle canzoni, perché le suoniamo ogni sera ed inoltre dobbiamo sentire che i testi di Lauri nascondono nelle parole cose che ci riguardano. Così è importante avere dei significati nei testi."

I: "Hai la sensazione di conoscere ciò di cui lui sta parlando ?"
Aki: "Sì, e se non lo so lo chiederò a Lauri. E... lo saprò."

I: "Qual'è la tua preferita ?"
Aki: "La mia canzone preferita ? Dipende, ma naturalmente In The Shadows, è molto bello quando la suoniamo ai concerti perché tutti la conoscono. Ma credo che la mia preferita ora sia Time To Burn perché... è Time To Burn."

I: "Beh, ora suonate concerti vostri, ma prima suonavate come gruppo di supporto per molti grandi artisti come i Red Hot Chili Peppers, gli HIM. Quale tra di loro vi piace di più, con cui lavorare di più, con cui stare ?"
Lauri: "Beh, naturalmente l'esperienza come gruppo di supporto dei Red Hot Chili Peppers è stata proprio Super, perché abbiamo sempre pensato che fossero un grande gruppo, dei grandi musicisti, delle grandi canzoni ma anche un gruppo di ragazzi molto unito. Sai, quando li vedi suonare sul palco questi quattro ragazzi diventano come una sola persona. E' una sensazione sorprendente, sai, è qualcosa che cerchiamo di fare anche noi."

I: "Usate queste ispirazioni ?"
Lauri: "Sì, abbiamo molte influenze da loro, specialmente agli inizi, sai, quando ti ho detto che facevo del rap e suonavamo queste cose funk. Effettivamente suonavamo un po' come i Red Hot Chili Peppers."

I: "E con i Red Hot Chili Peppers siete anche andati fuori dalla Finlandia. A questo proposito, le persone che non vi conoscevano ai loro concerti, come hanno reagito alla vostra esibizione ?"
Lauri: "Beh è... è sempre un luogo difficile trovarsi di fronte al pubblico di altri gruppi, sai, le persone... ma è anche un buon luogo dove trovarsi, perché le persone non si aspettano nulla, non sanno nulla di te, così è come se iniziassi da zero, qualunque... se il concerto va bene, ad alcune persone potrebbe piacere, altri potrebbero odiarlo, ma... è un buon modo di iniziare."

I: "C'era anche un motivo per andare all'estero ?"
Aki: "Avevamo una sola idea, sai. 'Dobbiamo essere migliori del gruppo principale'. E questa è la sensazione che hai in mente quando stai suonando, che dobbiamo sconfiggerli, ed è importante."

I: "Allora, a Maggio suonerete di nuovo in Olanda, stavolta in un Festival, che sensazioni avete ?"
Lauri: "Si chiama Pinkpop, sì !! Penso sarà fantastico. Non ho nessuna esperienza dei Festival qui, ma credo che funzionerà, sarà bello."

I: "Sarà magnifico perché ci saranno anche altri grandi gruppi ed artisti ?"
Lauri: "Conosci qualcuno degli altri gruppi ?"
I: "Credo che i Muse vi parteciperanno."
Lauri: "Magnifico !! Li amo, è il mio gruppo preferito. In realtà ho già incontrato i ragazzi dei Muse. Ho fatto un'intervista con loro per un giornale finlandese."

I: "Com'è stato fare un'intervista, dato che sei tu stesso un artista ?"
Lauri: "Beh, è stata una grande occasione per me innanzitutto per incontrarli, ed è stata una bella esperienza essere dall'altra parte del microfono per una volta. Ed io, dato che li amo molto, so tutto su di loro dagli inizi, sai, è stato davvero magnifico parlare con loro, è stata più simile ad una conversazione, sai, abbiamo dimenticato il microfono, ed abbiamo solo parlato."

I: "Tu Aki, sei arrivato in seguito nel gruppo, nel 1999. E' stato strano arrivare in un gruppo che era già formato e cose del genere ?"
Aki: "Sì, mi sono unito al gruppo nel '99 ed eo solito vendere i prodotti dei ragazzi per il gruppo. Conoscevo i ragazzi e non ci sono stati problemi. Ma... naturalmente è una strana situazione far sì che tutte le cose funzionino e... ora sono nel gruppo da più di 4 anni e mi sono integrato abbastanza bene o credo... Lauri."
Lauri: "Va bene !!"
Aki: "OK."
Lauri: "Sei fantastico !!"
Aki: "Grazie !!

I: "Ma quando ti sei unito al gruppo eri piuttosto scioccato perché sapevi soltanto suonare la batteria... sei molto fortunato ad esserti unito a loro."
Aki: "Sì, è stato bello, sai, ho suonato in un paio di gruppi finlandesi ma è stato come un inizio con loro, così questi gruppi sono stati l'occasione per registrare degli album e fare alcune cose e... penso... che la mia vita sia iniziata in quel momento."

I: "Ed avete già avuto 10 anni di alti e bassi... ma non avete mai litigato, o pensato di lasciare il gruppo perché eravate insieme da tanto tempo ?"
Lauri: "Beh, non abbiamo mai pensato di lasciare il gruppo. Credo questo ora sia solo l'inizio per noi, è iniziato ad accadere finalmente un po' ovunque. Ma naturalmente abbiamo delle discussioni, credo sia positivo averle, fa bene parlar chiaro, sai, avere delle opinioni diverse, siamo 4 ragazzi, ognuno ha una personalità diversa, e questo è ciò che crea un gruppo."

I: "E siete famosi anche negli Stati Uniti ed in Giappone. Non è diverso là, il mercato musicale, avete altri modi per promuovere le vostre cose ?"
Lauri: "In realtà non siamo ancora famosi là. Sì, pubblicheremo l'album negli Stati Uniti ed in Giappone a fine anno, così, ma... Non siamo mai stati là, non abbiamo mai fatto un concerto, così possiamo solo immaginare come potrebbe essere."

I: "Dovrebbe essere eccitante."
Lauri: "Sì. Effettivamente ho fatto una piccola vacanza, sono andato a Los Angeles, a San Francisco, e sono andato a vedere molti gruppi del luogo. E tutti i gruppi suonavano ed apparivano esattamente come gli Evanescence, era strano, 5 gruppi diversi ed erano esattamente come loro, ero Woah..."

I: "Allora, cosa possiamo aspettarci tra breve ?"
Lauri: "A Febbraio inizieremo a registrare il nuovo album. Con calma andremo nello studio per registrarne uno, una canzone nuova, e con calma inizieremo a pensare al futuro ed al prossimo album. Ed allo stesso tempo viaggeremo e faremo dei concerti."

I: "Scriverete anche durante i viaggi ?"
Lauri: "Sì, effettivamente scrivo quasi tutto durante il Tour mentre alcune persone devono fare una pausa e sedersi, suonare la chitarra, sai, rilassarsi, e riescono ad ottenere delle idee per le canzoni. Ma per me è il contrario, ho molte idee quando sono in Tour, ci sono sempre molte cose che accadono, è... un momento d'azione."

I: "Forse altre lettere da scrivere ?"
Lauri: "Sì, voglio dire, incontro diverse persone ogni giorno e... accadono tante cose, è una buona fonte per ottenere nuove idee per le canzoni."

I: "OK. Grazie."
Lauri: "Grazie."

Edited by *ICE* (The Polar Bear)™ - 12/3/2015, 17:56

Web  Top
view post Posted on 12/3/2015, 17:41

Group:

Post. Il Video con l'intervista a Pauli ed Eero. mf_bookread

I: "Could you please introduce yourself ?"
Eero: "Hello, I'm Eero, I'm the bass guitarist of The Rasmus."
Pauli: "Hi, I'm Pauli, I'm the guitar guitarist of Rasmus."

I: "OK. You guys, you're just right here in the Pinkpop Festival. And you just played in Milano. How was it actually in Milano, how was it ?"
Eero: "Yeah, it was very warm and we just played in this happening, an event with lots of artists and two songs only, so it was short. But good audience."

I: "And, is it part of just the European Tour, has the European Festival season started, for you guys ?"
Pauli: "Well, we have been just basically all around; we came from US and just stopped by to Spain and Italy and now we come here, and basically this is the opening of the festival season, yeah."

I: "Other reaction differently, do people react differently because in the south of Europe they're much more passionate,or, is it different ?"
Pauli: "Yeah, I don't know, in Spain there people were screaming a lot, they were very loud, and like pwww all around us. And also in Italy like... But it's very nice, I like it, there people is so nice there."

I: "Talk about trouble also, but... The album. When you look back at the album it's like a success album. Are you satisfied with the result when you look back, also the production, and also the realization of the whole process ?"
Eero: "I think that it's always like when you... If I take our first album and I listen to it I just feel quite funny because it's so naive, we were so young and stuff like this. But you always feel like, 'Maybe we could do this different'. But I think we just save this thing for the next album and then we do where our ambition are at that moment."
Pauli: "And we end like, looking back like, 'Now we have done something shit', we are more like proud of what we have done and maybe learning, learning something from it."

I: "And how do you keep the drive gone, because you guys have been in Music for almost ten years, I guess. How do you keep to drive ?"
Pauli: "There is the basically all we keep the drive because we have been doing this already ten years and now we are just basically starting to learn how to do this, so..."

I: "But is it a little bit modest, because there are really good songs on it, so..."
Eero: "Yeah, well, our music is usually quite understandable, there's lots of melodies and people can even sing with us when we play live, so, so... I think that our music, just, is like that, and many people say that, Hey, it's nice to hear this music, that has melodies and be courageous for instance. Because lots of bands are playing just like stone records, stuff like this, so... Yeah, I think that it's just our style."

I: "And are you, in your homeland Finland, are you, are people elso very, how do you say, very eager for you, to you stimulated in your home country, to do this and this ?"
Pauli: "I don't know actually what do you mean."
I: "Are there very facilities, or that kind of stuff."
Eero: "Well, I think that many, many people are interested in our career is doing abroad. And there is also like other bands which I hope at least there in Finland it can create some kind of thing that other bands also will go out from Finland. But I think the Finnish people usually they don't think, they don't have so big dreams, like, we're gonna go all around Europe and sell many albums but...
But I think it's very, it's good to have some kind of dream, and even if you don't expect that it really happen, it's nice to have kind of... something to achieve."

I: "Because, I know that, for instance, in your neighbour of Sweden there's good facilities and governament is also promoting music. Is that also in Finland or isn't ?"
Pauli: "No, it's not."
I: "It's different."
Pauli: "Yeah."

I: "Since that you really have a goal to accomplish something, I guess."
Eero: "Well, at least in Finland you can get the facilities to play instruments in school like... and usually there is lots of music schools, you can play violin, or piano, or flute, when you are young. And that's very good, there is lots of great classical musicians in Finland but... I don't know about, maybe they are not supporting this Rock music or like, people who do kind of this, more of this kind of Pop or Rock music, there it's not so, not so much supported, more than classical."

I: "Because I know a couple of bands from Finland and they're also very heavy, like Amorphis, for instance. And is there like kind of scene going on, or... I don't know, is it, because you are not from Helsinki, that's true, isn't it ?"
Pauli: "Oh, we are from Helsinki."
I: "Oh you are from Helsinki, OK. And it's all scene going on, from different styles of music, that bruise and, comes, pops up ?"
Pauli: "Basically there has always been very good like music scene in Helsinki and in Finland. And there's of course a lot of heavy metal bands because it's a dark and cold country. And I think there has always been like, you said, Amorphis, it has been a band like always in years, I think, it's a very old and good band, so... But, I don't know why now, like other bands are going out and, but..."

I: "OK, because you used to do like the crossover thing, and the funk Rock thing, and now you're a little be more, go into main stream, a little be more. And how... is it just a growing process, I guess, also ?"
Pauli: "Yeah, I think it's just that like... we write the songs that we wanna write, and we just started to play more heavier, cause we thought that... All the songs that we made before on the albums and we just realized that we played it like a Rock, very much heavier on the gigs, but the album wasn't so like as hard, so we thought that, Let's do it this way, let's put the live on the album, so..."

I: "Do you have already gots some new ideas, do you write on the road, for instance, or...?"
Eero: "Yeah, we have good ideas for the next album ready. And we have maybe five or six songs which are, which we wrote, and we already recorded one. But let's see how the next album is gonna come out, because we don't have enough time to go to studio before next year, probably."

I: "And do you have any ideas about producers, or that kind of stuff, or...?"
Eero: "I don't know... let's... I think we'll keep it open, but perhaps we'll use the same producers than last time because we are good friends with them."

I: "And how do you keep it fresh, because sometimes you bands use other producers to keep it fresh, or interesting, or, to try different angle ?"
Pauli: "I think we are keeping it fresh like, on our songwriting, and just more trying to develope the production with the same guys 'cause we're like trying to grow together so we can get the perfect sound. If we would change it all the time, we would have always changes like different songs and different production so... At least for me it feels now like comfortable and, like 'Don't break the winning team'."

I: "And do you also experiment with the guitar or that new sounds for...?"
Pauli: "Yeah, of course !! Everything always, when we do the record we have to discover everything again."

I: "OK guys, just a couple of questions. What do you guys actually think of the internet, because, yeah, it's a hot item, I guess. Some people say it's (easert) to the music industry, and it's going down these hills, and that kind of so, it's also positive ?"
Pauli: "I think it's one of the greatest inventions of our time and, I don't see anything bad, it's gonna be anyway the music. Like everything I think will be in internet somehow in some years, because that's the way it has to be, because it's like basically free for everyone to what they want, and it's extremely powerful tool, so... And everybody... it's uniting people around the world and... Me and myself, I'm very happy to have internet 'cause I have met so many friends and, I can travel and just write an e-mail and meet some people that I never even like imagine to meet so..."

I: "Yeah, maybe it also for like countries not too... but Finland is a little bit like outside, so internet is also like for globalisation, for the people in Finland, it's OK, to contact also with other countries ?"
Eero: "Yeah, well... Internet works for everything very well, like on keeping connection is really great with internet but... with everything you have this kind, there is good and bad things in internet, so just have to be very aware when you use it."

I: "OK. In My Life, so, what is it about actually In My Life, the song, can you oversee something, about from the single, what is about ?"
Eero: "Well, In My Life it's a song about, of the importance of making decisions and being like... courage, having courage. Like in this song we try to encourage people to decide for their own lives and... like living up for their dreams. It's very important that you... if you really want to do something, then, if you have to decide, then everything will work out."

I: "Was it also a lot of courage for you guys to have a music career ?"
Pauli: "Well, when we were young ?"
I: "Yeah."
Pauli: "Well, we started at 15, and 16 years old and me and the singer we quitted school, and we thought that we are going to do music for the rest of our lives, so I think it was kind of a, like, cool thing to do. But we really trusted it, like, to happen, and... I don't know, we were so young, I can't say that we were so like, what's the word ??"
I: "Serious or...?"
Pauli: "Yeah, we were extremely serious about the music, it has been like always, but..."
I: "Courage, or...?"
Pauli: "No, we have it both."

I: "But it was not a big goal or, you just want to...? Oh brave ?"
Pauli: "Yeah, I don't like... I think we were kind of brave, but we didn't think it that way like, 'We are brave too'. We just wanted to do music, you know, everybody else was going to school and doing like lectures, and exams. And we were like, we got lot of times in play guitar, so..."

I: "Wasn't that hard sometimes, because the all of your enviroment was, 'What are you doing', or... was it ?"
Pauli: "No, for example our families have been like extremely, like, supportive for this thing. And they were like, 'OK, if you wanna do that, it's your decision', so..."

I: "OK, just a couple of questions. Who made actually the video for In My Life, because it's very OK, it's very ... a very bit of Peter Gabriel also...?"
Eero: "Video for In My Life is made by two Swedish directors which are our friends, same age and they are very... they have lots of ideas, lots of wish and lots of energy, because they are so young, and they want to achieve more and... We shot it in Cuba, yeah, and it was very nice weather there and, my first time to Cuba and, nice surrondings, beautiful trees in that place and..."

I: "There was the little bit of the culture shock or...?"
Eero: "Well, Cuba is a strange country because the people they don't have freedom there, they cannot travel out from Cuba, or they cannot... they don't even know what's happening in the world, they cannot use internet to check the news or, there is no TV channels, they can't follow, or anything, and they just... And it's very poor, it's kind of, I have very mixed feelings when I go to Cuba."

I: "Because you were there for work, and...?"
Eero: "Well, in a way because the people it's like the social, socialism is the governament of the country but, and they have, they can provided the food and the shelter and electricity but things just don't work there, it's very... and many people suffer, they, people said that it's hard to raise up a child or anything because it's so... you don't get milk or whatever."

I: "A little bit like Russia, I guess."
Eero: "Yeah, like the former Soviet Union, but I think that even in Soviet Union things were better."

I: "OK. What are the next plans, actually, just more also of Touring, that, lots of Festival, also ?"
Pauli: "Yes, basically, what is left of this year it's gonna be like, all Tour, so..."

I: "Are actually the new songs, can you give it... can you pinpoint them out a little bit, how are they like ?"
Pauli: "No, you will hear them."

I: "Ah, OK. When do you enter the Studio ?"
Pauli: "When ? What do you mean ?"
I: "The Studio, when do you enter the studio to record that...?"
Pauli: "We have no idea, we have to see, cause we, the schedule is open for the touring now and we have to go and visit so many countries, so..."
I: "Yeah, very nice."
Pauli: "So... we don't know."

I: "OK. Thank you very much."
Pauli: "Thank you."

Edited by *ICE* (The Polar Bear)™ - 13/3/2015, 18:43

Web  Top
view post Posted on 12/3/2015, 18:03

Group:

gif ...la traduzione... gif

I: "Potreste per piacere presentarvi ?"
Eero: "Ciao, sono Eero, sono il bassista dei The Rasmus."
Pauli: "Ciao, sono Pauli, sono il chitarrista dei Rasmus."

I: "Va bene. Ragazzi, siete proprio qui al Pinkpop festival. Ed avete appena suonato a Milano. Com'era Milano, com'è stato ?"
Eero: "Sì, era molto calda ed abbiamo proprio suonato in questo evento, un evento con molti artisti e solo due canzoni, così è stato breve. Ma c'era un buon pubblico."

I: "E fa parte del Tour Europeo dei Festival, la stagione Europea è iniziata per voi ragazzi ?"
Pauli: "Siamo stati in pratica in giro un po' ovunque; siamo venuti dagli Stati Uniti e ci siamo appena fermati in Spagna ed in Italia ed ora siamo venuti qui, ed effettivamente questo è l'inizio della stagione dei Festival, sì."

I: "Gli altri reagiscono in modo diverso, le persone reagiscono in modo diverso perché nel sud dell'Europa sono più passionali o, è diverso ?"
Pauli: "Sì, non lo so, in Spagna c'erano persone che urlavano molto, facevano molta confusione, e tipo pwww tutti intorno a noi. Ed anche in Italia tipo... ma è molto bello, mi piace, le persone sono così gentili là."

I: "Ci dite che ci sono stati anche dei problemi, ma... L'album. Quando riguardate l'album è stato un album di successo. Siete soddisfatti del risultato quando ci ripensate, anche la produzione, ed anche la realizzazione dell'intero processo ?"
Eero: "Credo sia sempre come quando... Se prendo il nostro primo album e lo ascolto mi diverto abbastanza perché è piuttosto ingenuo, eravamo giovani e cose del genere. Ma provi sempre la sensazione, 'Forse potevamo fare questo in modo diverso'. Ma penso che abbiamo conservato questa cosa per l'album successivo e poi facciamo quello che le nostre ambizioni ci chiedono di fare in quel momento."
Pauli: "E finiamo dicendo tipo, guardiamo indietro come, 'Ora abbiamo fatto qualcosa di schifoso', siamo più orgogliosi di quello che abbiamo fatto ed abbiamo forse imparato qualcosa da esso."

I: "E come riuscite ad andare avanti, perché voi ragazzi siete stati nel campo musicale da quasi 10 anni, credo. Come riuscite a continuare ?"
Pauli: "Riusciamo tutti ad andare avanti perché abbiamo fatto questo già da 10 anni ed ora stiamo fondamentalmente proprio imparando come si fa, così..."

I: "Ma è un po' modesto dire questo, perchè ci sono davvero delle belle canzoni su di esso, così..."
Eero: "Sì, beh, la nostra musica è di solito piuttosto comprensibile, ci sono molte melodie e la gente può persino cantare con noi quando suoniamo dal vivo, così, così... Credo che la nostra musica sia proprio così. E molte persone dicono questo, 'Hei, è bello ascoltare questa musica, che ha delle melodie e sa essere coraggiosa, per esempio. Perchè molti gruppi suonano con dei ritmi stereotipati, cose del genere, così... Sì, credo sia proprio il nostro stile."

I: "E voi siete, nella vostra terra Natale la Finlandia, siete, le persone sono molto, come posso dire, premurose con voi, nei vostri confronti per sostenervi nella vostra terra, fanno questo ?"
Pauli: "Non ho capito in realtà cosa vuoi dire."
I: "Avete delle facilitazioni, o quel tipo di cose."
Eero: "Beh, credo che molte, molte persone siano interessate a conoscere come va la nostra carriera all'estero. E ci sono anche altri gruppi che spero almeno lì in Finlandia possano creare delle cose con altri gruppi e riusciranno ad uscire anche loro dalla Finlandia. Ma credo che i Finlandesi di solito non pensano a queste cose, non hanno dei sogni così grandi, tipo, 'Andremo in giro per tutta l'Europa e venderemo molti album', ma... Ma credo sia una cosa molto, molto positiva avere dei sogni, anche se non ti aspetti che si avverino in realtà, è bello avere... un traguardo da raggiungere."

I: "Perché io so, per esempio, che i vostri vicini della Svezia hanno delle facilitazioni ed anche il Governo promuove la Musica. Questo c'è anche in Finlandia o no ?"
Pauli: "No, non c'è."
I: "E' diverso."
Pauli: "Sì."

I: "Stando così le cose voi avete davvero un obbiettivo per portare a termine qualcosa, suppongo."
Eero: "Beh, almeno in Finlandia puoi ottenere l'agevolazione di suonare gli strumenti a scuola, come... e di solito ci sono molte scuole di musica, puoi suonare il violino, o il piano, o il flauto, quando sei giovane. E questo è molto positivo, ci sono molti grandi musicisti classici in Finlandia ma... non so molto a riguardo, forse non sostengono la musica Rock o persone che fanno cose di questo genere, musica più Pop o Rock, non sono molto supportati, i musicisti classici lo sono molto di più."

I: "Perché conosco un paio di gruppi finlandesi e fanno una musica molto dura, come gli Amorphis, per esempio. Questa è la scena musicale presente là o... non lo so, lo è, perché voi non siete di Helsinki, è vero."
Pauli: "Oh, noi siamo di Helsinki."
I: "Oh, siete di Helsinki, va bene. La scena musicale si compone di diversi stili, quella corrente, che arriva, da dove salta fuori ?"
Pauli: "In genere c'è sempre stata una scena musicale molto buona ad Helsinki ed in Finlandia. E ci sono naturalmente molti gruppi Heavy Metal perché è un paese oscuro e freddo. E credo ci siano sempre stati gruppi, come hai citato tu, come gli Amorphis, è un gruppo famoso da molto tempo, è un buon gruppo che esiste da tanto tempo, così... Ma non so perché ora altri gruppi stiano uscendo alla ribalta e, ma..."

I: "Va bene, perché voi eravate soliti fare cose in contrasto, e cose come della musica Funk, ed ora siete più diretti verso la corrente principale, un po' di più. Ed ora questo è come un processo di crescita, suppongo, anche ?"
Pauli: "Sì, credo sia proprio così tipo... scriviamo le canzoni che vogliamo scrivere, ed abbiamo proprio iniziato a suonare in un modo più duro, perché abbiamo pensato che... a tutte le canzoni che avevamo fatto prima sugli album, e ci siamo proprio resi conto che le suonavamo in modo Rock, in modo più duro ai concerti, ma l'album non era così duro. Così abbiamo pensato, 'Facciamolo in questo modo, mettiamoci la forza dei live sugli album', così..."

I: "Avete già avuto delle nuove idee, scrivete in viaggio, per esempio, o...?"
Eero: "Sì, abbiamo delle buone idee per il nuovo album già pronte. Ed abbiamo scritto forse 5 o 6 canzoni, e ne abbiamo già registrata una. Ma vediamo come verrà fuori il nuovo album, perché probabilmente non abbiamo abbastanza tempo per andare allo studio di registrazione."

I: "Ed avete qualche idea sui produttori, o quel tipo di cose, o..."
Eero: "Non lo so... facciamo... credo saremo aperti a nuove soluzioni, ma forse useremo gli stessi produttori dell'ultima volta perché siamo molto amici con loro."

I: "Come riuscite ad avere delle idee nuove, perché a volte i gruppi usano altri produttori per avere delle nuove idee, o fare cose interessanti, o provare qualcosa di nuovo ?"
Pauli: "Credo riusciamo ad avere nuove idee, ad esempio nel modo in cui componiamo le canzoni, e cerchiamo soltanto di sviluppare la produzione con gli stessi ragazzi perché cerchiamo di crescere insieme in modo da ottenere il suono perfetto. Se cambiassimo sempre, dovremmo sempre cambiare diverse canzoni e diverse produzioni, così... almeno per me mi sembra comodo, e tipo, non dividere una squadra vincente."

I: "E sperimentate anche con la chitarra e con nuovi suoni per..."
Pauli: "Naturalmente !! Sempre qualsiasi cosa, quando registriamo dobbiamo rivedere tutto di nuovo."

I: "OK ragazzi, solo un paio di domande. Cosa ne pensate effettivamente di Internet, perché è un argomento importante, suppongo. Alcune persone dicono che sia la rovina dell'industria musicale, che stia crollando, e cose del genere, è anche positivo ?"
Pauli: "Credo sia una delle più grandi invenzioni dei nostri tempi e non ci vedo nulla di male, la musica si può scaricare in qualunque modo. Come qualsiasi cosa sarà su Internet tra qualche anno, perché è così che devono andare le cose, perché ottenere ciò che vuoi è in genere gratis per tutti, ed è un veicolo abbastanza potente, così... E tutti... Riunisce le persone di tutto il mondo, ed io sono molto felice di avere Internet perché ho incontrato così tanti amici, posso viaggiare e scrivere solo un'e-mail ed incontrare alcune persone che non avrei neppure immaginato di incontrare, così..."

I: "Sì, forse questo non vale molto per altri paesi, ma la Finlandia è un po' isolata, così Internet è utile anche per la globalizzazione, per le persone in Finlandia va bene, restare in contatto con altri paesi ?"
Eero: "Sì, beh... Internet funziona molto bene per ogni cosa, come restare in contatto è davvero magnifico con Internet, ma... con ogni cosa c'è questo aspetto, su Internet ci sono cose positive e negative, così devi solo stare molto attento quando lo usi."

I: "Va bene. In My Life, di cosa parla in realtà In My Life, la canzone, potete dirci qualcosa del singolo, di cosa parla ?"
Eero: "Beh, In My Life è una canzone che parla dell'importanza di prendere delle decisioni ed essere... coraggiosi, avere coraggio. E in questa canzone cerchiamo di incoraggiare le persone a decidere della propria vita... e vivere per i loro sogni. e' molto importante che tu... se davvero vuoi fare qualcosa, allora, se sei tu a dover decidere, allora funzionerà tutto."

I: "Ci è voluto molto coraggio da parte vostra ragazzi, per intraprendere una carriera musicale ?"
Pauli: "Beh, quando eravano giovani ?"
I: "Sì."
Pauli: "Beh, abbiamo iniziato a 15, 16 anni ed io ed il cantante abbiamo lasciato la scuola, ed abbiamo pensato che avremmo fatto musica per il resto della nostra vita, così credo, sia stata una cosa bella da fare. Ma eravamo davvero fiduciosi che si realizzasse e... non lo so, eravamo così giovani, non posso dire che eravamo così, qual'è la parola ?"
I: "Seri, o...?"
Pauli: "Sì, eravamo estremamente seri sulla musica, è sempre stato così, ma..."
I: "Coraggio ?"
Pauli: "No, lo avevamo entrambi."

I: "Non era un grande obiettivo, volevate solo...? Oh coraggiosi ?"
Pauli: "Sì, io... non penso eravamo coraggiosi, o almeno non la pensavamo in quel modo, 'Siamo anche coraggiosi'. Volevamo soltanto fare musica, sai, tutti gli altri andavano a scuola e seguivano delle lezioni, facevano degli esami. E noi passavamo molto tempo a suonare la chitarra, così..."

I: "Non è stata dura a volte, perchè tutto il vostro ambiente diceva, 'Che stai facendo ?' o... lo è stato ?"
Pauli: "No, per esempio le nostre famiglie ci hanno sostenuto molto in questa cosa. E ci hanno detto, 'OK, se vuoi fare questo, è una tua decisione', così..."

I: "Va bene, solo un paio di domande. Chi ha realizzato effettivamente il video di In My Life, perché è davvero bello, è davvero... un po' anche come quelli di Peter Gabriel...?"
Eero: "Il video di In My Life è stato fatto da due registi svedesi che sono nostri amici, hanno la stessa età e sono molto... hanno molte idee, molti desideri e molta energia, perché sono così giovani e vogliono raggiungere altri traguardi, e... l'abbiamo girato a Cuba, sì, c'era davvero un bel tempo là ed era la mia prima volta a Cuba, bei panorami, alberi bellissimi in quel luogo e..."

I: "E' stato un po' scioccante a causa della cultura del luogo o...?"
Eero: "Beh, Cuba è un paese strano perché le persone non hanno la libertà, non possono uscire da Cuba, o non possono... non sanno neppure cosa accade nel mondo, non possono usare Internet per sapere le notizie o, non ci sono canali televisivi, non possono seguirli, o, qualsiasi cosa, e sono solo... sono molto poveri, ho delle sensazioni contrastanti quando vado a Cuba."

I: "Perché eravate lì per lavoro, e...?"
Eero: "Beh, in un verso a causa delle persone, e il socialismo è il governo del paese, ma hanno... loro possono procurare il cibo, e le strutture, e l'elettricità, ma le cose proprio non funzionano là, è molto.. e molte persone soffrono, la gente dice che è difficile crescere un figlio o fare qualsiasi cosa perché è così... non ricevono il latte o qualunque cosa."

I: "Un po' come la Russia, suppongo."
Eero: "Sì, come l'antica Unione Sovietica, ma credo che persino in Unione Sovietica le cose andassero meglio."

I: "Va bene. Quali sono effettivamente i prossimi progetti, solo altri viaggi in Tour, quello, anche molti festival ?"
Pauli: "Sì, in sostanza, quello che resta di quest'anno sarà dedicato al Tour, così.."

I: "Ci sono in realtà delle nuove canzoni, potete... accennarcele un po', come sono ?"
Pauli: "No, le sentirai."

I: "Ah, OK. Quando entrerete nello studio di registrazione ?"
Pauli: "Quando ? Cosa vuoi dire ?"
I: "Lo studio, quando entrerete nello studio per registrarle...?"
Pauli: "Non abbiamo idea, vedremo, perché nel programma ora è previsto il Tour, e dobbiamo visitare così tanti paesi, così..."
I: "Sì, molto bello."
Pauli: "Così... non sappiamo."

I: "OK. Grazie mille."
Pauli: "Grazie."

Edited by *ICE* (The Polar Bear)™ - 12/3/2015, 18:18

Web  Top
view post Posted on 12/3/2015, 18:07

Group:

Post. Il Video dell'intervista a Lauri del 20.10.2005. mf_bookread

Edit, 18.6.2018. Edit, 25.4.2019. Un nuovo Link per ascoltare e salvare questa intervista. Un bel Photoshoot della stessa data dell'intervista. (Pics)

Could you please introduce yourself ?
This is Lauri, from The Rasmus.

How are you doing, Lauri ?
"I'm doing fucking fine, hooops... I'm sorry..."

You have a new record out, it's called Hide From The Sun, sounds really clear and new fresh..
"Well, I think so too, and it's been nice to be playing this songs live now for the first time.
We just started the tour like three days ago. We started from Hamburg, Germany and now this I think the fourth show of this tour playing here in Amsterdam and we’re gonna go keep on touring 'till the mid December, so it's quite a long tour."

(Pic)

I think probably yesterday you gonna tour more, but that on will be later... Well, I just read on internet about the first gig you did in Hamburg that was wild and that was intimate. It was that, was really good. You put on your website a thing, a sort of text. Did you like the first one ?
"Yes, it was a really nice place, the audience could kind of... be kind of round the stage, so it was really like being on stage and felt like there’s people coming from every side, and it was really unique place and... everybody could see to the stage, it was bit like auditorian kind of thing and...
That was the first chord of the tour so everybody was like super excited."

Also about playing the new songs, isn't it ?
"Yeah, I'm...."
Taking to do some try out.
"We did couple of shows in Finland, but that's a different case because in Finland we have been around for eleven years, so we... yeah they know all the six albums basically, and I think the rest of the world maybe just know, you know, Dead Letters that is In The Shadows album at last these new ones a little bit so in Finland we played also a lot of old songs."

You've been around so for more than eleven years already in Finland, and then how did all start, did it just start with Dead Letters, that album, In The Shadows, that song because it was everywhere ?
"Well, outside of Finland it started with In The Shadows basically. That song went to the radios and... we did couple of support tours with a Finnish band called HIM for example and some other support tours so just basically... it started growing but quite rapidly I have to say because that was such a big radio hit, so we had a chance to go to all these cities to play for the first time, you know."

And that's you've been eleven years playing in your own country and all of a sudden you've got the chance to play for big bands and now you’ve sold millions of records, isn’t it from Dead Letters already ?
"Yes, it's..."

Have you also a number for how much did you sell ??
"It's like one for five millions, which is incredible."

That's not bad, really not bad...
"It's not bad at all. But it's the first eightiers basically we just playing and touring in Finland. And that was really good because we started off so young and you know being just fifteen, sixteen years old and... kind of trying our limits a little bit of course you know. Getting, all of a sudden getting a lot of free drinks, and girls and you know everything so like... ahhh, totally lost our minds for a couple of years. And it was good because it was just Finland and it’s a small country and it was, sort of, easy to handle anyway. And then now..."

Now it's out of hand, because I saw just into the enter of the Milky Way. I think hundreds of girls waiting and screaming already now.
"Well now it's a bit more, out of hand."

Can you you keep up yourself like focusing on the music instead of on the girls ?
"Well, I have to do kind of... not really compromises it, but I just decided not to take any alcohol on this tour, because I have to confess that I think we all are pretty much like on/off guys, you know, it’s everything or nothing, so it’s...
I fell good, you know, this is, sober tour. I will have more memories of this time."

Last time was a bit: I just saw here all these beer; it’s amount there’s no alcohol in it... So you ask for non-alchoolic beer ?
"Yeah, well actually begin but they brought us. But I stick to this ginger beer."

It isn't non-alcohol in it or is it ? It’s alright ?? It’s pretty good ??
Forth gig so far. The new album, Hide from The Sun: when did you start writing it because you’ve been on tour for so long ?

"We actually wrote the whole album during the last tour. With the last album it was more or less two and a half years travelling round that album, and... that’s a long time and we had a lot of spare time also in the backstage or in the tourbus just to... jumming some new ideas and... already now I've been starting to write new material for the next album so..." :up:

So you have lots of ideas already ??
"Yeah, I do have a lot of ideas and... It's very... very colourful life, you know, there’s a lots of things happening and... it’s kind of high beat all the time, so there’s a lot of inspiration in the air."

So, all right. So in the moment you find rest you writes down lyrics or ideas from new songs ??
"I have this little book where I keep writing all kind of things that come to my mind. Just... usually they don’t make any sense, if you just read them like that. But I... I think the melodies they are like more cooking, more longer time in my head, and I'm at hearing some songs and after two, three years I’m influenced by that song somehow left something in my system. Then it comes out as one of The Rasmus songs."

And you focus lots on melodies for your singing vocal lines ? Is it first the vocal line and then the lyrics or is it go... ??
"It's like fifty/fifty. Mostly I think the melodies come pretty easier though, but sometimes there is like some text or I’m getting influenced by some power, more a book. So then maybe the text comes first. But then it’s a kind of art to create a melody around the text because you are kind of stuck to that."

Sometimes you get another lyric and then find the same melody about, over the new lyric ?
"Yeah, that happens also like.. I do some changes like... also like just at the very last minute I change something and... You know, maybe I come up with then some ideas in the studio well I’m just singing the song like... "eheheheh, let's have one hour pause, I need to write this again." :viulenz:

How long does it take to record in the studio ?
"I think this was really fast recording because it took maybe, all together, six weeks, it's just, you know, that's not so long."

Where did you record it ?
"We recorded the album in Sweden, in Stockholm. There's a nice studio... all the complex there's some movies... (How do you say like ?) They shoot movies, then there’s some TV channels it's an interesting house... lot of... lot of.... yeah, there’s a lot of creating people in the house. You might see some other bands walking in the capit area and it’s like... there's a lot of things happening in this building also. Good wibe."

And... Twelve songs are on the record. Do you write them in once or do you write in more ?
"We wrote I think 20 songs for this album and then we kept eleven on the album. And the reason that we left some of them out, maybe, they just didn't fit to the feeling. It's quite sensitive and it's like sometimes I fall in love with some songs which are maybe not so significant for the album itself..."

Or for yourself...
"Yeah, it's more like personal things like as I'm like some single sentences somewhere, and maybe it's not so important fot the whole picture. And actually I have to say I'm not really good of seeing the whole big picture."

Who does that ?
"That's the guitar player. Pauli is like the... mastermind. He can always... kind of... make the right song order and, you know, he's good in that."

And first single is called No Fear. What's this song about, it's a lovely song.
"That song is about, kind of about... rebirth, like starting a new life. Some people think that it’s about death, and it’s about souer side. But it’s not really about that. It’s more like going through this sort of a mental death and starting a new life, so clearing table and leaving the bad stuff behind."

So No Fear of just going on...
"Yeah, pretty much like... I think it's more like put... an image like... wherever comes to you on your way you just... don't mind."

I was reading these titles. Seems a bit, sometimes a bit, down lyrics, not lyrics but more like titles. Was that the idea behind the record ?
"Well, this is pretty..."

We see Immortal, this not really, but Keep Your Heat Broken, you know this song as well, seems to be like down. Is that the way you getting inspiration from ?
"For me it's easier to write about the... the down, side of life, somehow. And I think in the beginning our music was more... happier, was also musically different, it was more like based on funk and skatepunk. But this is more like The Rasmus sound nowdays, a bit more like melancholic melodies and somehow the lyrics turn out to be that also.
But I have to say I'm not the most depressed guy, you know, I don't know... yeah, but somehow it just feels like these other things that I feel good singing about, you know. I can of get them out from my body and my mind when I write them down or when I’m singing about these feelings."

What's your best time of writing lyrics ? Time of the day ?
"There is no best time really. It could be really romantic thing like being on the tourbus in the candle light and watching the road, and you know... but it also could be in the toilet, taking a shit...
so, you never know..."
That's a good one... :fischia:

What's your favourite song on your record ?
"My favourite song... I kind like this song called Immortal, that was one of the song that started off as a jam, in the soundcheck, and everybody was, kind of, doing something to this song. And it was really much like spontaneous thing and... That's also kind one of the heaviest, rockiest song of the album."

You're gonna play it tonight ?
"We're gonna play it tonight, of course."

All right... look: how’s been going in Finland, because your own mother country came first probably, how’s been on the radio then ?
"Finland's been good, we have a huge following in Finland."

They are proud of you, out there ?
"Yeah, I think people are quite proud, of course some people don't like us at all. You know.
I think we've always been that kind of man that some people love us and some people hate us. And... that's just something to realize..."

Yeah, as long as you've so many fans standing there waiting for you, there's no problem...
"Yeah, I'm really happy. We had a really good tour in Finland, we started from Finland, playing six shows and, all the places sold out and the album is already Platinum in Finland, and...
it’s really, really good."

All right then. And what are you going to do, you’re gonna to finish this tour 'till half December
and then... be on holiday ??

"Yeah, we'll play the last shows in December, we'll play two shows in India, which will be really nice."

Never been there ?
"Never been to India. And I think lot of bands don't go there, because it's Indian they think like there is no equipment. But actually there is !! And so far that I've seen some information about the venues, and the gear, all the sound things and everything it's just like perfect better than in Europe !!
So, it looks good and it's nice to end the tour in the warm place and then we have like a month off during the Christmas time."

How come to India ? Because they like you or there you sold so many records or... ??
"Yeah, it's funny but they like us a lot there. Also the album is Platinum in India which is really well and... there’s seems to be demand for music again. I think like in the ’70 there was a lot of bands going there like Pink Floyd and bands like that, you know, because it was just Indian you know, and Beatles went there.
So we just thinking like jocking about that when we go there, you know, we just start to eat mushrooms. We come back...."

Let me have a look: new single, what's gonna be ?
"The next single will be a song called Sail Away, and we just shot a video for this one in Riga, which is a really beautiful place, we played there a couple of times. It’s Latvia. And that was a really special location. We shot the video on the beach and it’s a strange beach because the water looks really cold like, very icy, and then again the beach is just pure wild sand and the forest is just like pine trees. So it’s really weird combination like, it looks like... like it's very Northern but it's somehow like Spain or something, you know..."

(Pic) _ (Pic) - Video.

Very exotic...
"Very exotic."

It's weird...
"Yeah... So... That's gonna be a nice video."

So you have shot the video already.
"Yeah."

When ? Before the album came out ?
"No it was like three, four weeks ago."

When can we see it ?
"I think it should be out just very soon, like this week or so."

And what about the fans ? Do you involve youself with the fans, like when you have finished your concerts do you go to them and there shake hands or whatever like a Meet & Greet, user posted image you just have ??
"Yeah, I mean, there's people been waiting outside like when we arrived this morning at ten o'clock..."

They were there already...
"There were already people waiting for us and... It's nice to meet them, and, you know, shake hands, takes picture and that stuff... and... it's nice to get some local gifts, you know."

What did you get ?
"I think I’ve got some like waffles, and some liquirice and stuff."

What the weirdest thing that you've got ?
"Also for some reason from here in Amsterdam we got lot of panties, for some reason, the underwear stuff."

Cool. Thrown on stage ?
"Yeah. And also given right. Yeah, "Please take my pants, like.... OK !!" And we actually we have quite a wide collection, yes."
Could I see it ? Of course !!"

When you're coming back ?
"We might come back next year, we have some plans to also play in Latin America and Canada and US perhaps... and then maybe do another tour in Europe." user posted image

Another question: what kind of music do you listen to at the tourbus, what kind of music
does inspire you ?

"Well, I listen to a lot of music. I get a lot of demos from people, you know, they bring us the demos."

Do you listen to them all ?
"Yeah, like today I was listening. This morning I listened two of them and it was pretty interesting. Just some French bands, yesterday we played in Paris, and I've got two demos and... It’s interesting, maybe people think that I won’t listen to this, but actually I do !! And it’s a lot of fun to hear what kind of bands there is like, local bands."

What kind of band was it, was Rocker, Metal... what kind was it ??
"It was a bit like Muse, one of my favourite bands so maybe that was the reason that this guy gave it
to me."

He probably knew that...
"Yeah, but it was an interesting band, a pretty good singer."

What is the band which you would have on your own birthday, what kind of band which you would invite, if you had the money, if you could do it ?
"I don't know. It would be cool to have like a little surprise to have Frank Sinatra from the grave performing on my birthday."

Do you like him ?
"I like him, yeah. We just talked about the fact that there is no such a guys anymore like him, you know, and will there ever be, I mean, Robbie Williams, maybe after 30 years !! He’s got that charisma.
I don’t know but... He was a great man."

Do you like Robbie Williams ?
"I'm not a biggest Robbie Williams fan. Well I mean... I kind of like the things that he does, like kind not giving a shit about anything, attitude."

Thank you very much and good luck for tonight.
"Thank you very much."

(Pic, Pic) _ (Pic) - Live.

Edited by *ICE* (The Polar Bear)™ - 25/4/2019, 06:08

Web  Top
view post Posted on 12/3/2015, 18:23

Group:

user posted image ...la traduzione... user posted image

Potresti per piacere presentarti ?
Sono Lauri, dei The Rasmus.

Come stai ?
"Sto dannatamente bene, hoooops... scusate..."

Il vostro nuovo album è uscito, si chiama Hide From The Sun, suona davvero chiaro, nuovo e fresco.
"Beh, la penso così anch'io, ed è bello suonare queste canzoni dal vivo adesso per la prima volta. Abbiamo appena iniziato il tour 3 giorni fa. Abbiamo iniziato ad Amburgo, in Germania, ed adesso questo è il quarto spettacolo di questo tour e suoniamo qui ad Amsterdam e continueremo il tour fino a metà dicembre, così è un tour piuttosto lungo."

Credo che probabilmente prima facevate un tour più lungo, ma di questo ne parleremo più avanti... Beh, ho appena letto su internet del vostro primo concerto che avete fatto ad Amburgo che è stato sfrenato ed intimo. E’ stato così, è stato davvero bello. Avete messo qualcosa sul vostro sito, una specie di testo. Vi è piaciuto il primo ? (concerto)
"Sì, era davvero un bel posto, il pubblico poteva stare... poteva stare intorno al palco, così è stato davvero come essere su un palco e sentire che se ci fossero persone che venivano da qualunque lato, ed era davvero un posto unico e... tutti potevano vedere il palco, era un po' come se fosse un auditorio e... E' stato il primo brivido del tour così tutti erano super eccitati."

Avete anche suonato le nuove canzoni, non è vero ?
"Sì, sono..."

Cercando anche di mettervi alla prova...
"Abbiamo fatto un paio di spettacoli in Finlandia, ma questa è una cosa diversa perché in Finlandia siamo conosciuti da 11 anni, così noi... sì fondamentalmente conoscono tutti e sei gli album, e credo che il resto del mondo conosce forse, sai, solo Dead Letters che è l'album di In The Shadows un po' almeno quelle nuove così in Finlandia abbiamo suonato molte canzoni vecchie."

Siete conosciuti già da più di 11 anni in Finlandia, ed allora com'è cominciato tutto, è iniziato proprio con Dead Letters, quell'album, ed In The Shadows, quella canzone perché era dappertutto ?
"Beh, fuori dalla Finlandia è iniziato fondamentalmente con In The Shadows. Questa canzone è andata in radio e... abbiamo fatto un paio di tour come band di supporto di un gruppo finlandese che si chiama HIM per esempio, così proprio in sostanza... è iniziato a crescere ma piuttosto rapidamente devo dire perché quella è stato un grande successo alla radio, così abbiamo avuto la possibilità di andare in tutte queste città e suonare per la prima volta, sai."

E quindi sono 11 anni che suonate in Finlandia e all'improvviso avete avuto la possibilità di suonare per dei grandi gruppi ed adesso avete venduto milioni di dischi, è successo già da Dead Letters ?
"Sì, è..."

Avete un numero di quanti ne avete venduti ?
"Da uno a cinque milioni, che è incredibile."

Non male, davvero non male...
"Non è affatto male. Ma quando avevamo 18 anni fondamentalmente suonavamo e facevamo i tour solo in Finlandia. Ed è stata davvero un’ottima cosa perché abbiamo iniziato così giovani e sai eravamo solo 15enni, 16enni e... stavamo cercando di provare i nostri limiti naturalmente, sai. Ottenere, all'improvviso, molti alcolici gratis e ragazze e sai tutto così... ahhh, abbiamo completamente perso la testa per un paio d’anni. Ed è stata una cosa positiva perché eravamo soltanto in Finlandia ed è un piccolo paese ed è stato comunque facile da trattare. E poi adesso..."

Adesso è fuori da ogni controllo, perché ho appena visto l'ingresso della Via Lattea. (il nome del locale) Credo ci fossero centinaia di ragazze che aspettavano ed urlavano già adesso.
"Beh, adesso è un po' di più, fuori da ogni controllo."

Riesci a stare concentrato sulla musica invece che sulle ragazze ?
"Beh, devo fare una sorta di... non un reale compromesso, ho solo deciso di non bere alcool durante questo tour, perché devo confessare che siamo dei ragazzi che seguono la teoria dell'acceso o spento, sai, o tutto o niente, così è...
Mi sento bene, sai, questo è un tour in cui non si beve. Avrò più ricordi di questi momenti."

La scorsa volta è stata un po': ho appena visto qui tutte queste birre; ne sono molte e non c'è alcool in esse. Così hai chiesto una birra non alcolica ?
"Sì, in realtà ho già iniziato ma l'hanno portata lo stesso. Ma sono rimasto fedele a questa ginger beer."

Non c'è alcool in essa o c'è ? Va bene ? E' piuttosto buona ?
Il quarto concerto finora. Il nuovo album Hide From The Sun: quando avete iniziato a scriverlo visto che siete stati in tour per così tanto tempo ?

"In realtà abbiamo scritto l'intero album durante lo scorso tour. Con lo scorso album abbiamo trascorso due anni e mezzo a viaggiare in giro con quell'album, e... è un lungo periodo ed abbiamo avuto molto tempo libero sia nel backstage che nel tourbus giusto per... provare delle nuove idee e... già adesso sto iniziando a scrivere del nuovo materiale per il prossimo album così..." :up:

Così avete già molte idee ?
"Sì, ho davvero molte idee e... E' molto... E’ una vita molto movimentata, accadono molte cose e... è una sorta di battito sempre alto per tutto il tempo, così c'è molta ispirazione nell'aria."

Allora, va bene. Così nel momento in cui trovi il tempo per riposare scrivi i testi o le idee per le nuove canzoni ?
"Ho un taccuino dove continuo a scrivere tutte queste cose che mi vengono in mente. Solo... di solito non hanno molto senso, se le leggi soltanto. Ma io... io credo che le melodie debbano essere un po' più elaborate, devono stare più a lungo nella mia mente, e se sento delle canzoni dopo due o tre anni sono influenzato da queste canzoni che in qualche modo hanno lasciato qualcosa nella mia mente. Poi vengono fuori come una canzone dei The Rasmus."

E ti concentri di più sulle melodie quando canti le parti vocali ? Vengono prima le parti vocali o i testi o come si svolge..?
"E' tipo 50/50. Principalmente credo che le melodie vengano però più facilmente, ma a volte ci sono dei testi dove sono influenzato di più dalla forza di un libro. Così allora forse il testo viene prima. Ma poi è una specie di arte creare una melodia intorno al testo perché rimani fedele ad esso."

A volte realizzi un altro testo e poi trovi la stessa melodia su esso, sul nuovo testo ?
"Sì, accade anche... che io faccia dei cambiamenti tipo.... anche tipo proprio all'ultimo minuto cambio qualcosa e... Sai, a volte mi vengono delle idee nello studio di registrazione beh sto giusto cantando la canzone ed accade tipo... "eheheheh, facciamo un'ora di pausa, la devo riscrivere." :viulenz:

Quanto tempo avete impiegato nello studio di registrazione ?
"Credo sia stata una registrazione davvero veloce perché ci sono volute, tutte insieme, sei settimane, e proprio, sai, non è molto tempo."

Dove l'avete registrato ?
"Abbiamo registrato l'album in Svezia, a Stoccolma. C'è uno studio di registrazione molto bello. Nell'edificio ci sono dei film (come si dice ?) girano dei film poi ci sono dei canali televisivi ed è una casa interessante, ci sono molte.... molte persone creative in quella casa. Puoi incontrare altri gruppi che passeggiano in giro ed è come... ci sono anche molte cose che accadono nell'edificio. Delle belle vibrazioni."

E... ci sono 12 canzoni sul disco. Le hai scritte tutte in una volta o le hai scritte a distanza di tempo l'una dall'altra ?
"Abbiamo scritto credo 20 canzoni per questo album e poi ne abbiamo tenute 11 sull'album.
Ed il motivo per il quale ne abbiamo lasciate alcune fuori è che forse loro non corrispondevano al sentimento che c'era sull'album. E' qualcosa che riguarda la sensibilità, ed è come se a volte mi innamorassi di alcune canzoni che non sono forse così significanti per l'album stesso..."

O per te stesso...
"Sì, è più come un fatto personale, tipo come se a me piace una singola frase da qualche parte, e forse non è così importante per l’intero contesto. Ed in realtà devo dire che non sono molto bravo a vedere l'intero contesto."

Chi lo fa ?
"Lo fa il chitarrista. Pauli è come la... mente superiore. Riesce sempre a... tipo... fare il giusto ordine delle canzoni e sai, è bravo in questo."

Ed il primo singolo si chiama No Fear. Cosa racconta questa canzone, è una bella canzone.
"Questa canzone parla di... una specie di... rinascita, come iniziare una nuova vita. Alcune persone pensano che parli della morte, del lato oscuro. Ma non parla davvero di questo. E' più come attraversare una sorte di morte mentale ed iniziare una nuova vita, così si schiarisce la situazione e si lasciano tutti i problemi alle spalle."

Così non bisogna avere nessuna paura di andare avanti...
"Sì, è molto simile a... credo sia come avere.... un’immagine che qualunque cosa arrivi sul tuo cammino tu.... non te ne preoccupi."

Stavo leggendo questi titoli. Sembrano un po’, a volte un po’, testi tristi, non per i testi ma forse più per i titoli. Era questa l'idea per il disco ?
"Beh, questo è molto..."

Vediamo Immortal, questa non molto veramente, ma Keep Your Heart Broken, anche questa canzone sembra essere piuttosto triste. E' questo il modo in cui ti viene l'ispirazione ?
"Per me è più facile scrivere del... del lato triste della vita, in qualche modo. E credo cha all'inizio la nostra musica fosse più allegra, era anche diversa dal punto di vista musicale, era più basata sul funk e sullo skatepunk. Ma oggi prevale il suono dei The Rasmus, le melodie sono un po' più malinconiche ed in qualche modo anche i testi lo diventano.
Ma devo dire che non sono il ragazzo più depresso al mondo, sai, non so... ma in qualche modo mi sento bene quando canto queste cose, sai. Riesco a farle uscire dal mio corpo e dalla mia mente quando canto a proposito di questi sentimenti."

Qual’è il momento migliore per scrivere i testi ? Il momento migliore del giorno ?
"Non c'è davvero un momento migliore. Potrebbe essere un momento davvero romantico come stare sul tourbus a lume di candela e guardare la strada, e sai... ma potrebbe anche essere nel bagno, mentre sto facendo i miei bisogni... così, non si sa mai..."
Quest'ultimo è un bel momento... :fischia:

Qual'è la tua canzone preferita sul vostro disco ?
"La mia canzone preferita.... Mi piace questa canzone che si chiama Immortal, è stata una delle canzoni che è iniziata come una prova nel soundcheck, e tutti stavano tipo facendo qualcosa in questa canzone. Ed è stata una cosa molto spontanea e... E' anche tipo una delle canzoni più dure e più rock dell'album."

La suonerete stasera ?
"La suoneremo naturalmente stasera."

Va bene. Senti: come sta andando in Finlandia, perché il vostro paese natale probabilmente ha la precedenza, come sta andando allora sulle radio ?
"In Finlandia sta andando bene, abbiamo un grande seguito in Finlandia."

Sono orgogliosi di voi, laggiù ?
"Sì, credo siano abbastanza orgogliosi di noi, naturalmente ad alcune persone non ci amano per nulla. Sai. Credo siamo sempre stati quel tipo di uomini che alcune persone amano ed alcune persone odiano. Ed è soltanto qualcosa di cui bisogna rendersi conto..."

Sì, ma fin quando avrete così tanti fan che sono là fuori ad aspettarvi, non c’è nessun problema....
"Sì, sono davvero felice. Abbiamo fatto un bel tour in Finlandia, abbiamo iniziato dalla Finlandia, abbiamo suonato in sei spettacoli e tutti i locali erano tutto esaurito e l'album è già Disco di Platino in Finlandia, ed... è stato davvero, davvero bello."

Tutto a posto allora. Cosa farete, finirete questo tour a metà dicembre e poi... andrete in vacanza ?
"Sì, suoneremo gli ultimi spettacoli a dicembre, suoneremo in due spettacoli in India, è sarà davvero bello."

Non sei mai stato là ?
"Non sono mai stato in India. E credo che molti gruppi non vadano là, perché pensano che poiché sono Indiani non ci sono le apparecchiature adatte. Ma in realtà ci sono !! E finora ho chiesto alcune informazioni sui locali, sui, su cose che riguardano il suono e tutto il resto ed è perfetto, meglio che in Europa !!
Così sembra un bel posto, ed è bello terminare il tour in un luogo caldo e poi abbiamo un mese circa di pausa durante il periodo di Natale."

Come mai l'India ? Perché vi amano o lì avete venduto molti dischi o..?
"Sì, è divertente ma ci amano molto là. L’album è anche Disco di Platino in India che è davvero buono e... sembra esserci di nuovo una richiesta per la musica. Credo sia come negli anni '70 in cui c’erano molti gruppi che andavano là come i Pink Floyd e gruppi come questi, perché l'India era di moda, sai, ed anche i Beatles sono andati là.
Così stavamo pensando scherzando che se fossimo andati là, avremmo iniziato a mangiare i funghi. Siamo tornati..?"

Fammi dare un'occhiata: il nuovo singolo, quale sarà ?
"Il prossimo singolo sarà una canzone che si chiama Sail Away, ed abbiamo appena girato un video per questa canzone a Riga, che è un posto davvero bellissimo, abbiamo suonato là un paio di volte. E' in Lettonia. Ed è stato un set davvero speciale. Abbiamo girato il video sulla spiaggia ed è una spiaggia strana, perché il mare appare davvero freddo, tipo molto ghiacciato, e poi c’è la spiaggia formata da una sabbia che appare molto selvaggia e la foresta, con alberi di pino. Così è una combinazione davvero strana, appare... appare come un ambiente molto nordico ma per altri versi somiglia alla Spagna o a qualcosa del genere, sai..."

Molto esotica...
"Molto esotica."

E' strana...
"Sì.... così.... sarà un bel video."

Allora avete già girato il video.
"Sì."

Quando ? Prima che l'album uscisse ?
"No. E' stato tre, quattro settimane fa."

Quando lo potremo vedere ?
"Credo che dovrebbe uscire molto presto, come questa settimana o qualcosa del genere."

E che puoi dirci a proposito delle fan ? Interagisci con le fan, tipo quando avete finito il concerto andate da loro e là stringete le mani o cose simili come un Meet & Greet, user posted image lo fate ?
"Sì, voglio dire, c'erano persone che stavano aspettando fuori quando siamo arrivati questa mattina alle 10..." :shifty:

Erano già là...
"C'erano già persone che ci aspettavano ed... è bello incontrarle, e, sai, stringere mani, fare le foto e tutte queste cose... ed... è bello ricevere dei regali del luogo, sai."

Cosa hai ricevuto ?
"Credo di aver avuto delle focacce, della liquirizia ed altre cose."

Qual'è la cosa più strana che hai avuto ?
"Anche per il motivo che siamo qui ad Amsterdam abbiamo ricevuto molti slip, per qualche ragione, della biancheria intima."

Bello. Tirata sul palco ?
"Sì. Ma anche data direttamente. 'Per favore, prenditi i miei slip..' ed io tipo... 'OK !!' Ed in realtà abbiamo una collezione molto grande, sì."
Potrei vederla ? "Naturalmente !!"

Quando ritornerete ?
"Dovremmo tornare il prossimo anno, abbiamo dei progetti di suonare anche in America Latina, ed in Canada e negli Stati Uniti forse... e poi forse un'altro tour in Europa." user posted image

Un'altra domanda: che tipo di musica ascoltate nel tourbus, che tipo di musica vi ispira ?
"Beh, ascolto molta musica. Ricevo molte demo dalle persone, sai, ci portano delle demo."

Le ascolti tutte ?
"Sì, come oggi lo stavo ascoltando. Questa mattina ne ascoltavo due ed erano piuttosto interessanti. Erano delle band francesi, ieri abbiamo suonato a Parigi, ho avuto due demo e... E' interessante, forse molte persone credono che non le ascolterò, ma in realtà lo faccio !! Ed è molto divertente ascoltare che tipo di gruppi ci sono, gruppi locali."

Che tipo di gruppi erano, erano Rock, Metal... che genere era ??
"Erano un po' come i Muse, uno dei miei gruppi preferiti così forse questo è stato uno dei motivi per cui questo ragazzo me li ha dati."

Probabilmente lo sapeva...
"Sì, ma era un gruppo interessante, un cantante davvero bravo."

Qual'è il gruppo che vorresti avere al tuo compleanno, che tipo di gruppo inviteresti, se avessi i soldi,
se potessi farlo ??

"Non lo so. Sarebbe bello avere come piccola sorpresa avere Frank Sinatra dalla tomba che si esibisce al mio compleanno."

Ti piace ?
"Mi piace, sì. Stavamo parlando del fatto che non ci sono più dei ragazzi come lui, sai, e se mai sarà, voglio dire, Robbie Williams, forse fra 30 anni !! Ha quel carisma. Non lo so ma... è stato un grande uomo."

Ti piace Robbie Williams ?
"Non sono un grande fan di Robbie Williams. Beh, voglio dire... mi piacciono le cose che fa, come non dare molto peso a nulla, l'attitudine."

Grazie mille e buona fortuna per stasera.
"Grazie mille."

Edited by *ICE* (The Polar Bear)™ - 12/3/2015, 19:05

Web  Top
view post Posted on 12/3/2015, 18:51

Group:

L'ultimo vuoto, Thanks a Lot !! :up:

Web  Top
7 replies since 12/3/2015, 17:30   135 views