The Rasmus - Italian Community

Videoshoot for Lauri's 1st single, 'Heavy' - 18-20.12.2010, Update: 28.2.2011 - Official video added

« Older   Newer »
view post Posted on 22/12/2010, 00:39

"Say it again if you want to depress me, say it again go ahead I feel nothing !!"

Group:
North Pole (Caribbean Islands on Christmas time)

On the same day Eero added this suspicious Pic on their Facebook, someone found out that Lauri shot in these days the video for his first single as a solo artist, 'Heavy'; the Thread on the International Forum, the same news from this site.
(Thanks to stallion66, unrealrasnews.wordpress.com and Ghostoflove.wordpress.com)

CITAZIONE
With the news of Lauri's solo career now sunk in for most of The Rasmus fans, we get a nice surprise that Lauri's first video shoot has just happened.
Music director Owe Lingvall who directed the videos Justify and October & April is now helping Lauri out with his first single Heavy by directing the video. He had clearly stated it on his personal Facebook profile with a little status update. When the premier of the video will happen is another question, so we shall all have to keep our eyes peeled over the coming weeks and especially next year.
“‎3 days videoshoot with The Rasmus singer Lauri Ylönen is done!’
Thanks to all the amazing people involved!!!!! Now sleeeeeep!”

The same news from the Ghostoflove site.
CITAZIONE
On his Facebook Owe Lingvall, (Vilage Road Video, he previously directed Justify and October&April videos for The Rasmus) published a status update according to which he has been filming for 3 days with Lauri a new video, which is more than sure the video for his upcoming solo single, 'Heavy'.
It is yet unknown when the video will premier, but we’re guessing it will be after EMMA Gaala, since the world premiere of the song will be held at that event.

Web  Top
view post Posted on 22/12/2010, 01:00

"Say it again if you want to depress me, say it again go ahead I feel nothing !!"

Group:

On the International Forum they opened a new thread with a short Video from the set of Lauri's 1st single video; the pictures they talked about are screenshots from the video interview. I made by myself others here.
(Kiitos to muffy :up:)
The same video on Youtube.

~~*~~

CITAZIONE
Lauri: "We got lot of things: vix, spiders, lizards, cockroaches. What is this ? Thousand feet, yeah, yeah. Good stuff for this little cave where I'm living, in the video."

Lauri: "Working with Owe is.. I can get my ideas in the video also like.. sometimes when you have a director, he is listening to you like, 'OK, that's a nice idea, but, let's do this', you know."

Owe: "Take it."
Lauri: "No."
Owe: "What is this ?"
Lauri: "That's a.."
Owe: "That's a cockroach."
Lauri: "Yeah, a cockroach."

Lauri: "I wanted to do a solo album, and.. yeah, I think it will be quite a surprise when it comes out."

Edited by *ICE* (The Polar Bear)™ - 14/1/2011, 23:31

Web  Top
view post Posted on 22/12/2010, 01:05

Group:

Another article about this video added on the International Forum; the Link, the English translation Here.
(Kiitos to dark_soul, Oana and GhostofLove.wordpress.com :up:)

Lauri do not really like lizards but are in this as he has named Magnus, for image's sake.

Outside wines the snow, inside the house the people and Lauri Ylönen are in the middle of a groovy set of design and feel comfortable. The Rasmus' singer goes solo and chose Village Road Film to make a rock video for his first single.
"We're building a secret here," laughs Lauri.

Lauri commands a coffee and starts to tell. The premiere of the first song, 'Heavy' is on 26th February at the Finland's equivalent of the German Grammy Gala Awards. Until then, everything is very much in secret. Lauri has written the music and the lyrics for the album that is coming in March. The story of the video was created together with Owe Lingvall and Peter Hultman. Lauri likes to work very much with Mr. Village Road, Owe Lingvall.
"We have made two videos with him earlier and I have been pleased, we have the same taste and we like to improvise."

Lauri seems to smirk as he sits with a cinnamon bun in his hand, dressed in leather pants, black shirt with an asymmetrical neckline and with feathers in his hair.
"We have built a camp here, we can say so, we have the whole house for ourselves. I live in the apartment upstairs, it's filled with a lot of very old stuff. When we film, we smoke and we go to our 'shack'- that it's like another world. We've hardly been outside in the past several days."
They borrowed 'inhabitants' from the Tropicarium: a lizard, cockroaches and also a centipede that is in the corner.
"I have named the lizard Magnus, but I do not really like him," said Lauri and urged the photographer for the picture.
The Rasmus is one of Finland’s greatest musical export of all time, and The Rasmus remains to Lauri the most important thing, but there is music that did not fit in the style of the band.
"There are so many ideas I had to put aside because they didn't fit into The Rasmus style, but this way is fine! The music is different, more sweeping and electronic. I produce the album myself and release it through own record label, Dynasty Recordings. I do not mind to have control," Lauri says happily.

He did not believe that this would be felt again.
"Sometimes successful ties loosen the grip a little when others start to decide to do their own things, but I have taken back the initiative. It feels like starting everything from the beginning - wonderful!"

Edited by *ICE* (The Polar Bear)™ - 14/1/2011, 23:35

Web  Top
view post Posted on 22/12/2010, 01:09

Group:

More news about this video from the International Forum, Owe Lingvall wrote on 12.1.2011 a little mex on his Blog on Facebook. image
(Kiitos to muffy :up:)

CITAZIONE
"In Stockholm and editing the upcoming video 'Heavy' from The Rasmus singer Lauri Ylönen!"

On 13.1 Owe Lingvall wrote another little mex about the video Lauri's 1st single 'Heavy' on his Blog on Facebook.

CITAZIONE
"So day 2 of editing of the new upcoming video of Lauri Ylönen is done.....Its so cool and its so great... Im so happy:-)"

Another little Mex always about Lauri's video for 'Heavy' from Owe Lingvall's Blog.

CITAZIONE
"Fx shoots today for Lauri Ylönen's video!"

A new Mex from Owe Lingvall's Blog; he added also this Link, it's the same video we already saw on Youtube.

CITAZIONE
"A little clip from channel 4 about the recording of the 'Heavy' video with Lauri Ylönen."

More news about Lauri's video for his first solo single 'Heavy' in a new Mex from Owe Lingvall's Blog.

CITAZIONE
"Great week! 3 days of filming with Lauri for the upcoming video 'Heavy'."

On his Blog Owe Lingvall added also Lauri's Promo for the Emma Gaala 2011. The video is from a Mexican fan; the official Link from youtube they found Here. (the Link from Yle site, the Thread where I've added it)

CITAZIONE
"The Emma Gaala almost coming!"

The pic that Lauri added today on his new Blog on Facebook was just a screenshot of the video.

image (Link)

Owe Lingvall added the same pic on his Blog.

CITAZIONE
"Screen from the upcoming video Heavy with Lauri!! video release 28.2.2011."

A new post by Owe Lingvall about his video for 'Heavy'; the puppet has a name, :bacio: solved the mystery of Lauri's post.

CITAZIONE
"AMANDA!!!!"

A new Mex from Owe Lingvall's blog about the video for 'Heavy'; the countdown has started !!

CITAZIONE
"16 days left and we all will meet Amanda!"

13.2.2011 (FB, FB)

Some screenshots from the video for 'Heavy' from Lauri's Site and Facebook.

"Hey guys! Here are a few still shots from the upcoming video, enjoy! 1, 2, 3."
"Still shot from the upcoming video 'Heavy'. Video out February 28."

image image image

More posts from Owe Lingvall's Blog about the video for 'Heavy', they are the same pics Lauri added before: 1, 2, 3.

image image image

CITAZIONE
"Screen from the upcoming video 'Heavy' with Lauri!"

There will be also Owe Lingvall at the Emma Gaala tonight; his Mex from his blog on Facebook.

CITAZIONE
"In Helsinki and soon time to go to the Emma Gaala!"

Edited by *ICE* (The Polar Bear)™ - 26/2/2011, 16:13

Web  Top
view post Posted on 22/12/2010, 01:13

Group:

Finally some news from Lauri himself about the video for his first single 'Heavy'; the Video.
We'll be able to see it on February 28th.
(Kiitos to dark_soul :up:)

CITAZIONE
"Hello guys! I'm here in Umeå filming a new video for my first single 'Heavy'. It's been a really nice time here and thanks for the great greetings you sent me via Owe; and I hope to see you very soon. Check out the video on 28th. See you."

Edited by *ICE* (The Polar Bear)™ - 3/2/2011, 16:23

Web  Top
view post Posted on 22/12/2010, 01:17

Group:

All the posts by Lauri about the Official Video for 'Heavy', his first solo single; :music: from his Site, Facebook and Twitter.

CITAZIONE
HEAVY video out now! Go check it out at www.youtube.com/watch?v=y6NGk0y2u5w
Music video by Lauri performing HEAVY. Directed by Owe Lingvall.

~~*~~

The same news from Owe Lingvall's Post; but the Link of the video is different.

CITAZIONE
"Lauri 'Heavy' video!"
Directed and edited by Owe Lingvall
Prop design: Jacob Petersson
Cinematography: Owe Lingvall/Fredrik Lindgren
Script: Peter Hultman, Owe Lingvall, Lauri Ylönen
CGI, Computer Generated Imagery. Nils Eriksson, Magnus Jonsson
Producer: Chris Rörland Dreamday Media

An article about the Making of 'Heavy' video with some photos.

image image image

Link -- Link -- Link

CITAZIONE
"Before Christmas I made the props for Lauri Ylönen's (known from The Rasmus) newly released music video.
The props included a crazy one-man-band rig, a periscope, a hand puppet, a cage, a window, puppet hatching form an egg... I hope for more crazy work like this in the future.
The shoot was great fun too, despite having the occasional cockroach crawling up my arm.
I even did a bit of puppeteering.
Thanks to director Owe Lingvall and good luck to Lauri with his solo career!"

Edited by *ICE* (The Polar Bear)™ - 11/3/2011, 01:50

Web  Top
view post Posted on 14/2/2011, 00:09

Group:

More to come.. :rules:

Web  Top
6 replies since 22/12/2010, 00:39   315 views