The Rasmus - Italian Community

New Album collection for The Rasmus, Band's songs over the past 10 years and the Duet - Release: 25.11.2009. // Mexican Tour Edition 2011. Release: 18.10.11, Pics added

« Older   Newer »
view post Posted on 12/6/2009, 23:45

"Say it again if you want to depress me, say it again go ahead I feel nothing !!"

Group:
North Pole (Caribbean Islands on Christmas time)

band

A new album collection for The Rasmus
Here vampirebloom found a Link with an article by the Finnish site Yle about a new album collection for The Rasmus which will contain also the Duet. It will be released in Autumn.
"The Rasmus will publish an album collection in the Fall, which contains the band's songs over the past ten years and the Murder Ballad with Anette Olzon. There is also a new song to sing with Nightwish singer Anette Olzon. According to Aki Hakala it will be a bit like Nick Cave and Kylie Minogue Where the Wild Roses Grow-song style murder ballad."

24.9.09. More news in this post (Thanks to Liquid_705 :up:): on the Playground site they just added the cover and the release date of this album: 23rd November 2009.

PGMCD61%20%28lo%29
------

28.9.09. On Cdon.com they added the tracklist of the album Best Of The Rasmus 2001-2009.

tracklist

The release date on Cdon.com: 25.11.2009.

From the International forum and from the Finnish version of the Official site more news about the new Collection; they will also release a Limited Edition with a book with pictures taken by the band. October & April will be released also digitally on 11.11.2009.

THE RASMUS JULKAISEE KOKOELMALEVYN 25. MARRASKUUTA
The Rasmus julkaisee "Best Of 2001-2009"-kokoelmalevyn 25. marraskuuta. Digipackin lisäksi saataville tulee myös rajoitettu erikoispainos, jossa levy on pakattu kovakantisen kirjan sisään. Albumin lisäksi kirja sisältää paljon kuvia, joista moni on bändin itsensä ottamia viimeisen kymmenen vuoden ajalta.

"Viimeisen kymmenen vuoden aikana olemme matkustaneet yli kuudessakymmenessä maassa ja tavanneet tuhansia faneja. Olemme julkaisseet neljä albumia joista olen hyvin ylpeä. Kokoelmalle päätyi suurin osa kaikista singleistä, muutama albumiraita sekä ennenjulkaisematon duetto October & April Nightwish-laulaja Anette Olzonin kanssa", kertoo Lauri Ylönen.

October & April on Suomen ensisoitossa YleX:ssä perjantaina 9.10 kello 9:10, jolloin YleX Aamun vieraana on Lauri Ylönen. YleX:n jälkeen Lauri vierailee Radio X3M:ssä kello 9:30.
October & April julkaistaan digitaalisesti marraskuun 11. päivä.
Best Of 2001-2009 kappalelista:
1. In The Shadows
2. No fear
3. Guilty (US mix)
4. October & April (featuring Anette Olzon)
5. First Day Of My Life
6. Livin' In A World Without You
7. F-F-F-Falling
8. Chill
9. Immortal
10. Justify
11. Shot
12. Funeral Song
13. Ghost of Love
14. Open My Eyes (acoustic version)
15. In My Life
16. Ten Black Roses
17. Sail Away

The translation by Google.
THE RASMUS PUBLISH Greatest hits 25 NOVEMBER
The Rasmus will publish a "Best Of 2001-2009" compilation album, 25 November. Digi Pack, also available will also be a special limited edition, in which the disc is packaged in a hardcover book. The album also contains a book of images, many of which are taken by the the band over the past ten years.
"In the last ten years we have traveled to more than six in ten in the country and met thousands of fans. We have published four albums of which I am very proud of. Collection ended up in the majority of all the singles, album tracks and a few previously unreleased duet with October & April-Nightwish singer Anette Olzonin with, "says Lauri Ylönen.
October & April is Finland's first spin YleX in 9.10 at 9:10 on Friday, when the morning's guest is YleX Lauri Ylönen. YleX Lauri visit after Radio X3M Journal at 9:30.
October & April published a digitally-November 11 day.
Best of 2001-2009 track listing:
1. In The Shadows
2. No fear
3. Guilty (U.S. Mix)
4. October & April (feat. Anette Olzon)
5. First Day Of My Life
7. F-F-F-Falling
8. Chill
9. Immortal
10. Justify
11. Shot
12. Funeral Song
13. Ghost of Love
15. In My Life
16. Ten Black Roses
17. Sail Away

New single now at MySpace + Best Of compilation....
On November 25th, The Rasmus will release "Best of 2001-2009", a compilation of all the hit songs from their four latest albums, including the million-selling "In The Shadows", most of the singles and a few rarities.
The Rasmus' new single "October & April", a duet between Lauri and Anette Olzon from Nightwish, is due for release November 11th. The single have been sent to radios and the video premieres on October 23rd. The song can be listened at the bands
Myspace profile.

Says Lauri: "We felt it was time to sum up these past ten years. Eero said, let's call the album "This is how I spent my twenties"... No matter how stupid it sounded that is pretty much the truth. We went on this crazy rollercoaster ride, it has been an amazing time. We have travelled to more than 60 countries, from ..India.. to ..Siberia.., met thousands of fans all over the world and enthusiastic people working with our records. And when I look back on these last four records I feel very proud of them. We decided to include most of the singles to the album with a couple of our favorite album tracks, and the new song "October & April."

The Rasmus: Best of 2001-2009 track-listing:
1. In The Shadows
2. No Fear
3. Guilty (US mix)
4. October & April (featuring Anette Olzon)
5. First Day Of My Life
7. F-F-F-Falling
8. Chill
9. Immortal
10. Justify
11. Shot
12. Funeral Song
13. Ghost of Love
15. In My Life
16. Ten Black Roses
17. Sail Away

The collection will be released as a
digipak and as a limited edition with a 32-page book! mf_bookread
------
Un article very similar in this Thread (Thanks to Liquid_705 :up:) except for this part. There's also a pic; the Link.
"The Rasmus is Finland's biggest rock band. This year they celebrate 15-years anniversary and they have released seven albums since they started. The band has sold more than 3 million records worldwide."

On the Playground Site there's now also the cover for the Limited Edition of the Collection. (the post with the info; Thanks to Liquid_705 :up:)

specialeditioncover.th

On this Site they found a Link where the Limited Edition is already on sale; there's also its price, it costs 22,90€.
(Thanks a Lot to Ghostoflove.wordpress.com)
News about the site recordshopx Here.

On The Rasmus Myspace they added a banner concerning the Limited Edition. The Link.

A new link from the International Forum to buy the Limited Edition; the one from Cdon.com. (Thanks to Liquid_705)
You can already book it and there is the price; 21.95€.
In the Finnish version of the same site the price is: 19.95€.

More infos about the Collection on this Site: it will be released digitally in Australia on 4th December 2009. The Link. (More links Here)

(Thanks to Ghostoflove.wordpress.com)

On the Official Site now there's a lovely intro where you can see 2 pages of booklet of the Standard Edition.
And there's also another Link to buy it.

In this post they added a Link to see more pictures of the Limited Edition.
Another link on Flickr to see better the pictures of the Limited Edition.

Another post where they confirm there are just 2000 copies of the Limited Edition.
"Playground Music has confirmed that there are only 2,000 copies of the book, they are all numbered."

CITAZIONE (;alerasmus~ @ 27/11/2009, 17:45)
La feltrinelli ha l'edizione normale a 13.90.. lo stesso prezzo anche Fnac

A new Post from The Rasmus' Blog on Facebook with the cover of a new version of their 'Best Of' CD. Some pics of this CD Here.
CITAZIONE
Link. "Mexican Tour Edition."

aki7.th
~*~

Between the comments someone quoted a site, Mixup; there is also the release date, on 18th October.
A Converter: it costs 10.65 Euros.

Videos from youtube with the samples of all the songs. :music:

INTO here.
jpg

Dead Letters here.
jpg

Hide From The Sun here e here.
gif

Black Roses here.
jpg

Google translation of the 1st part about Lauri's accident of the Yle article I've added at the top. (Blog)

The Rasmus Lauri injured skeittionnettomuudessa
published yesterday, at 11:27, last updated yesterday at 12:45
"The Rasmus singer Lauri Ylönen is injured on Sunday skeittionnettomuudessa. The band's drummer Aki Hakala told YleX Aamussa that Laurin shoulder dislocated my arm. The Rasmus will tour Russia, however, is not in danger.
The Rasmus Aki Hakalan of singer Lauri Ylönen skeitin crashed on Sunday and he was olkapäänsä place three hours. Ylönen, however, soon hospital and is now improving.
The Rasmus is about to embark on a week Monsters of Rock tour in Russia, together with Alice Cooper and the Scorpions. Ylösen injury does not affect the forthcoming tour."

Edited by *ICE* (The Polar Bear)™ - 31/10/2011, 22:06

Web  Top
view post Posted on 13/6/2009, 00:10

"Say it again if you want to depress me, say it again go ahead I feel nothing !!"

Group:

A new post for all the infos about it and the Duet. :rules:

In this post they added a Link to see more pictures of the Limited Edition.
Another link on Flickr to see better the pictures of the Limited Edition.

Another post where they confirm there are just 2000 copies of the Limited Edition.
"Playground Music has confirmed that there are only 2,000 copies of the book, they are all numbered."

CITAZIONE (;alerasmus~ @ 27/11/2009, 17:45)
La feltrinelli ha l'edizione normale a 13.90.. lo stesso prezzo anche Fnac

On the Official Site now there's a lovely intro where you can see 2 pages of booklet of the Standard Edition.
And there's also another Link to buy it.

On Youtube they added also the Making of the video for October & April; I think it was made just by Eero, you can hear his voice while he's asking questions to Anette and Lauri. It's really lovely, Bravo Eero. :up:

A new interview with Lauri from the German TV RTL II made on 11.11.2009. They found it in this Thread (Link) and now it's also on Youtube.
Lauri talks about the Collection, the school gig they will play on 23th of November, October & April and Don't Shut The Door.
The Thread here on the forum with the transcript.

In this post they wrote the tracks of the single October & April on sale on the Swedish version of i-Tunes. (Thanks to Liquid_705)
1. October & April (feat. Anette Olzon) – 3:53
2. October & April (Loaded Gun Remix) – 3:32
3. October & April (The Attic Remix) – 8:02
4. October & April (Loaded Gun Remix Edit) – 4:39

The Link of the Italian version; the tracks are the same.

Besides The Dome performance Lauri and Anette Olzon will sing October & April at another tv-show in Finland on 26th November too. It's written on a new Blog from Anette.

(Thanks to ghostoflove.wordpress.com)

There's an article about the new single October & April and the Collection on the Italian MTV site. (Thanks to alerasmus)

CITAZIONE (;alerasmus~ @ 6/11/2009, 15:47)
So che non c'è scritto nulla di cui non sapevamo
però dai almeno ne han parlato xD
sul sito di mtv c'è un articolo che parla del singolo
quindi di regola dovrebbero avere il video -_- xD

http://www.mtv.it/news/news-detail.asp?idnews=27544

Lauri Ylönen and Anette Olzon (Nightwish) will be on 20th November 2009 at The Dome 52 in Austria; they will perform October & April. The Link. (translation Here)
On this Site they wrote you can see it also on TV on RTL 2, a German Channel.
The show will be broadcast on TV on 28.11.2009, 16:55-20:00. The Thread on the International forum.

(Thanks to lauriylonen.wordpress.com)

More infos about the Collection on this Site: it will be released digitally in Australia on 4th December 2009. The Link. (More links Here)

(Thanks to Ghostoflove.wordpress.com)

On this Site they found a Link where the Limited Edition is already on sale; there's also its price, it costs 22,90€.
(Thanks a Lot to Ghostoflove.wordpress.com)
News about the site recordshopx Here.

On The Rasmus Myspace they added a banner concerning the Limited Edition. The Link.

A new link from the International Forum to buy the Limited Edition; the one from Cdon.com. (Thanks to Liquid_705)
You can already book it and there is the price; 21.95€.
In the Finnish version of the same site the price is: 19.95€.
And there's also another one that costs 39.95€.
The release date is different too: 1.12.2009.

A Link from VertigoTV youtube Channel. A Link from Playground Channel of the video for the new single October & April that we saw today on the Community.

Now it's also on the Official Site; the Link.

On the Playground Site there's now also the cover for the Limited Edition of the Collection. (the post with the info; Thanks to Liquid_705 :up:)

News about the video for October & April; the post. The Link.

CITAZIONE (Oo*Ele*oO @ 21/10/2009, 17:03)
Anette wrote on her Blog:
CITAZIONE
"Video update for you: Tomorrow evening/night will the new video with me and the Rasmus and our song 'October and April' have its internet premiere on The Rasmus website.
The Voice, Finland will show the video on friday and Viva, Germany gets the video also on friday.
I hope you all will like the video;=)"

------
More infos from the Community.
CITAZIONE
Videopremiere 'October & April'
"We are proud to announce that you will see the new The Rasmus Video 'October & April' first here in the Community. The premier starts tomorrow (22.10) at 6:00 p.m (EST). See you there!"

------
And on the Official Site.
CITAZIONE
Videopremiere 'October & April'
"On 23/11/09 we will release finally the 'Best Of 2001 – 2009' Album! A Compilation of our biggest songs and a brandnew ballade featuring Annette Olzon from Nightwish. Check the Videopremiere on 22/10 at 18.00 in our Community:
http://community.therasmus.de/!"

More news from The Rasmus latest Blog.

New single now at MySpace + Best Of compilation....
On November 25th, The Rasmus will release "Best of 2001-2009", a compilation of all the hit songs from their four latest albums, including the million-selling "In The Shadows", most of the singles and a few rarities.
The Rasmus' new single 'October & April', a duet between Lauri and Anette Olzon from Nightwish, is due for release November 11th. The single have been sent to radios and the video premieres on October 23rd. The song can be listened at the bands
Myspace profile. (More)

The collection will be released as a digipak and as a limited edition with a 32-page book! image
------
Un article very similar in this Thread (Thanks to Liquid_705 :up:) except for this part. There's also a pic; the Link.
"The Rasmus is Finland's biggest rock band. This year they celebrate 15-years anniversary and they have released seven albums since they started. The band has sold more than 3 million records worldwide."

Lots of news today about the Duet from the Finnish interviews YleX, X3M and Yle; the Thread. In this post, just a small part of them.
CITAZIONE
"October & April was born about 12 years ago in the basement of Pauli's mother (the basement used to be their rehearsal place). Demo song Don't Shut The Door was a parody of the boybands of the 90's, with deliberately cheesy lyrics."

About the new Collection too, Here.
CITAZIONE
-The Best of CD was made because they have previously released already a compilation of those albums/songs that have brought them fame in Finland, and now they also wanted one with those albums/songs that brought them international success.
-Lauri's personal favorite song from the compilation album is Immortal, because as he says it’s a great song to play it at live shows with guitars and also has a personal meaning to him.

And also in this site; the Thread.
CITAZIONE
-They release the compilation album of the memory of being ten years continuously at the same record label (Playground Music Scandinavia), during which time they made 4 albums.
"Because of this song was made a compilation album, because the song would not have acted as individual publications."

News about the single and the video for October & April in this post (Thanks to Liquid_705); from Anette Olzon's Blog.

October and April single -info;=)
"Ok, guys, finally I have some info from The Rasmus camp regarding the single I am joining the boys in, October and April. The single are already sent to the radio stations in Germany, will be in radios in Finland this friday and Sweden this or next week;=)
The video will be online very very soon too;=)"

From the International forum and from the Finnish version of the Official site more news about the new Collection; they will also release a Special Edition with a book with pictures taken by the band.
Lauri will be also at Finnish Radio X3M at 9:30am (World clock) to promote October & April; the Thread with all the links.

October & April at Ylex on 9.10.2009
"YleX will play October & April, the duet with Anette Olzon for the first time on Friday, 09.10, in their show called YleX Aamu.
Lauri will arrive to the studio around 9AM
(World clock) and you can also send your questions to him on the following address (questions concerning the duet): [email protected].
The duet will be released as digital single on the 11.11 and on CD at the end of November on the
Compilation album."

(Thanks to ghostoflove.wordpress, Community. :up:)

From the Community.

German Release Date for the Duett with Anette Olzon
"We are happy to announce that the duett with Anette Olzon (Nightwish) will be released on 6th of November 2009 (Germany) and the exact title is 'October & April'!"

"I'm pretty sure that the single will be released outside Germany around the same date."
------

A single will be released before the new Collection. For this reason they changed the release date of the album: 23.11.09 on Playground site and 25.11.09 on Cdon.com site.

On Cdon.com they added the tracklist of the album Best Of The Rasmus 2001-2009.

The release date is different: 4.11.2009.

More news about the new Album Collection in this post: on the Playground site they just added the cover and the release date of this album: 2nd November 2009.

In this post they found a couple of sites where there is the release date of the new Album Collection by The Rasmus (thread); but they are different.

4.11.2009 - 21.10.2009

More news about the duet from this interview; it was made on 16.4.2009.

CITAZIONE
Lauri: "Just 3 days ago we were shooting, we were making a music video with me and the Nightwish singer together, we recorded one song together, it's like a duet song. And we're gonna release it maybe in October. So this also is gonna be a beautiful music video with Anette Olzon from Nightwish and me."
I: "What's happening in that video?"
"Oh well, it's kind of, it's about the song, the lyrics; it's about like, kind of how to twist play, like, I am the Autumn, I am the Fall, and she is the Spring and Summer. And it's like we are the opposite to each other, and it's kind of around that theme."

There's a translation of Aki's interview at the Finnish radio YleX on 8.6.09. The video is Here.
I: "We also heard rumours that lauri is singing a duet with (Nightwish) Anette Olzon. Is that true ?"
Aki: "Yes, that's true. Actually it has already been recorded. We are releasing a collection album at the Autumn. It will include our ten past years and there will also be that single with Anette Olzon. We have also shot a video for it. It's great to release it now, it didn't match into Black Roses' theme, so we didn't publish it with it. It's cool to have it out now at last. It's a great song, little bit like a Murder Ballad, like Nick Cave and Kylie Minogue."

A few pictures and news about the video for the Duet on two sites: 1, 2. The Thread.

CITAZIONE (wbn!?BePunk!™ @ 12/5/2009, 21:58)
New music video from The Rasmus
"Axel Söderlund, A-lite, from Luleå, worked as DoP (director of photography) during the making of the music video. Here he gives Film Arc the inside scoop from the set. The name of the single is still confidential."

More news about the duet from another Video. On the week from 13th to 19th April they shot a video in Finland for this song with Anette Olzon from Nightwish. The Thread with the full transcript.
Lauri: "I just made a music video, we recorded the song together with this Nightwish singer Anette Olzon. And it's kind of this ballad thing, kind of a lullaby, it's something you can sing to a child, really beautiful, and a very sentimental song. And we made a nice video with Anette last week in Finland, and we kind of put it out maybe in October or something like that."

A Video where Eero talks about the Duet, there's also the title of the song. The full transcript is Here.
"We're also thinking of releasing maybe some new stuff in the Autumn, maybe a song called 'October in April'; it's actually a duet with Nightwish singer Anette Olzon. And that's also like a nice project, the song is very special. So, I'm looking forward to that."

An interview on the April issue of the German magazine Rockoon. Many infos, about the next video for Your Forgiveness, the Duet with Anette Olzon and the next album. The Thread.

Full version in Italian Here.
CITAZIONE (nerazzurra @ 22/5/2009, 00:52)
"Lauri says that they've a song ready (the one in duet with Anette Olzon), which may be released as b-side or maybe in a special fan-edition of something for their 15th anniversary."

There's also a quote of Lauri about the Duet on the interview of the Greek site Mad TV.
"And now actually I also made a duet with this Nightwish singer, Anette Olzon. But this song didn't quite fit the mood of the album, so we'll go to put it out later maybe just like a single."

They talk about the duet also on a Video of an interview to Aki and Lauri from the Finnish site The Voice.
I: "You made a duet with Anette Olzon. Is there other guest vocalists ?"
Lauri: "Actually that song didn't make it to the album."
I: "Oh, what happened ?"
Lauri: "It exploded. No, it will be released later. Hopefully at the beginning of next year."
Aki: "We'll surely have use for it, but when we started to choose songs for the album, somehow it wasn't in line with other songs. After all, this is a concept album, and that song simply felt too out of place. It was a bit awkward decision too, because we had already talked about it publically."
I: "It was a courageous decision ?"
Aki: "Had to have courage, and to believe in our decision. We just felt that way. But people will certainly get to hear it in the future."

A new interview of the Finnish site Soundi. Many news about the album: Justify will be the 2nd single, the Duet with Anette Olzon is "too good to be a B-side" and will maybe be released on a movie soundtrack, we'll listen to The Fight in Germany and European Tour will start in January.
"We had something extra too. I made a duet with Anette Olzon of Nightwish. It was a real ballad but in the end we decided that it breaks the general feeling too much. But it will take it's place for sure. It could work as a soundtrack -song for some movie and we have other possibilities too. I wouldn't put it to the B-side of a single, it's too good."

"The Rasmus dropped the duet with Anette Olzon from Nightwish from Black Roses. It won't be on the album because it didn't "fit" with the other songs.
Aki said that he hopes they can put it on a single or something as the song is already done and it's really good."

THE RASMUS / NIGHTWISH
"Hi everybody!
We've had a really busy spring, putting the album together with the guys. These "last minute" ideas and fixes have become come very important for the Black Roses album, so all the waiting is worth it! For example we brought this eight years old song idea back to life. It's a duet song. I got a wild idea to ask the Nightwish singer Anette Olzon to sing it together with me. I called her and she said YES! So good things come for those who wait. Were getting there!
-lauri-
ps. Prepare yourselves for the greatest murder ballad in a while!!!"

Edited by *ICE* (The Polar Bear)™ - 29/11/2009, 02:22

Web  Top
view post Posted on 13/6/2009, 00:48

Group:

More to come.. :rules:

Web  Top
view post Posted on 31/10/2011, 22:09

Group:

Mote to come.. :rules:

Web  Top
3 replies since 12/6/2009, 23:45   2376 views